(RIP) Mark Abrahamian

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

jape88
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: (RIP) Mark Abrahamian

Post by jape88 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:32 pm

Guys can we keep this as paying respect to Mark.

supro48

Post by supro48 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:32 pm

jape88 wrote:Guys can we keep this as paying respect to Mark.
+1!!

Marshall SL12301

Post by Marshall SL12301 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:40 am

Mark's passing really changed me,i dont take life for granted any longer. I now see how important it is to be all you can and strive as hard as you can to reach your dream cause as my missed friend Mark's passing on has proved LIFE IS TOO SHORT! :(
R.I.P Mark Abrahamian, You will be remembered!

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:55 am

Reading all the posts and the comments here is just amazing.
I have to say, and without steppin down anyone elses work or clips
MARK SIMPLY KICKED MY ASS OVER MY HEAD WITH HIS CLIPS AND AMPS AND MODS.

But I do know when he was here everyday I'd look forward to seein wtf he was up to.
He slowly unravelled things piece by piece. His clips at first when chasin the grail tone were really good
......and then when he struck the formula like a jackpot the dude just fricken BLAZED in his clips.
You could tell he could FEEL the sound. Thats truly what gettin the tone down is all about-feelin it.
Like I stated-not steppin down anyone else .... but his clips to me were my favorites.

He disappeared for a bit and came back again but this time with his own forum and just kept on keepin on. :rock:
He will always be a part of the soul in this forum and a part of anyone who stumbled on just a snippet of his work.
Not just a player-but a fine tech, outstanding musician, and I felt he was very generous though he wouldn't just come out and say everything. He wanted us to work and pay attention. He wanted us to enjoy the journey to get there I think just as much as he did.
I know I will never forget the excitement and awe he brought into my life. And he did that all right here for me. I never got to meet him personally or speak with him person to person over the phone or otherwise than what we did here.
But I pay him my deepest respect and will always miss his presence as I am sure everyone will.
Life really is too short but he didn't spend time worrying much about that

He was too busy doin what he loved

For that I am grateful

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:52 am

Well said Dirty. :thumbsup:
12000 Metro Kit

vkaxeman

Post by vkaxeman » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:44 am

jape88 wrote:Guys can we keep this as paying respect to Mark.
Yes, please keep this thread as paying respect to Mark. There may be a time in the future when a discussion of Mark's Mod 5 would be appropriate but not on this thread and not now.
Thank you for understanding.
Chet
My first project: 1959HW to 12xxx Courtesy of the Late Great Rockstah a.k.a. Edward Van Abrahamian

rgorke
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by rgorke » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:35 pm

In reflecting the last several days, I am learning a great deal more about Mark as a person through his Facebook page. He really touched many lives and had a lot of people call him a friend. What more could someone ask for?

I am also remembering some of the angst around here when he had some business issues...seems trivial now. Makes me reflect on what is really important in life and how lives can be changed in a heartbeat or lack thereof.

Not sure anyone will come close to his 12481 posts.

The "Calling Rockstah..." thread is one of the best on the entire forum.
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

Bore Em at the Forum

Post by Bore Em at the Forum » Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Yep, to see what an impact he made while he was here is a fine tribute indeed.

texwest

Post by texwest » Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:28 am

RIP Mark

I'm shocked. A year younger than me. What a damn shame.

He really was one of the main driving forces on this forum for a few years. We exchanged emails several years ago. My dad lives near Austin and I told him I might look him up when I was there. But never got around to it.

I remember when he was making his first build. He went straight from building a champ circuit to a full blown 12 series. He learned very quickly and became an expert quickly. We all learned a hell of alot by watching his process of building, tweaking and making sound clips. My tribute to him is that a larmar is on both of my Marshalls and it's essential for making them usable for me. The larmar really sounds alot better than the standard 500k ppimv. Whenever I turn that knob I'll have a thought about Rockstah. Truly, an influential figure in the rock guitar world.
"'CAUSE IN THE EYES OF GOD
YOU'RE BOTH CHILDREN TO HIM"--Hendrix

Riscchip

Post by Riscchip » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:00 am

Unbelievable, horrible and sad. I can't believe it. RIP Mark, you'll be missed.

worldoftone

Post by worldoftone » Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:24 am

Shocking to say the least. Just found out last night from another board member and amp-building compadre. When Mark started really nailing the VH1 tone down with his products, I started sending my customers up his way when they wanted me to "mod" their amps for the early VH tone. They always reported back to me that he did a real good job and that they were happy. I spoke to him a couple of times via e-mails and on the phone when he was first getting started. Real cool dude!

RIP Mark :vh:

- WOT
I smell tubes.

JimiJames

Re: Memorial Service

Post by JimiJames » Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:46 am