Jesse Jackson Jr / Brown Sound Tone Chaser!

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Bore Em at the Forum
Just the numbers in order: 7

Jesse Jackson Jr / Brown Sound Tone Chaser!

Post by Bore Em at the Forum » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:48 am

Who would have thought Jesse Jackson's son has been lurking on the Metro Amp Forum, trying to plug in his Frankenstrat into a Plexi, in a vain attempt to nail Ed's elusive tone?

From news reports:

In court papers filed against Jackson on Friday, prosecutors said that upon conviction he must forfeit $750,000, plus tens of thousands of dollars' worth of memorabilia items and furs. The memorabilia includes a football signed by U.S. presidents, a Michael Jackson and Eddie Van Halen guitar, a Michael Jackson fedora, Martin Luther King Jr. memorabilia, Malcolm X memorabilia, Jimi Hendrix memorabilia and Bruce Lee memorabilia - all from a company called Antiquities of Nevada.

He is in a lot of trouble for using campaign funds for personal pleasure, as outlined above. So he's got private and corporate sponsors payrolling his spending spree!

No wonder Univox EC-80s, Mighty MIte pickups, and Echoplexes have gone through the roof. Jesse Jackson Jr is outbidding us on Ebay.

EDIT: For those of you who have hung out in Las Vegas, Jesse Jr bought that guitar at the memoribilia shop at Caesar's Palace. I met Pete Rose there last year, LOL.

rgorke
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Jesse Jackson Jr / Brown Sound Tone Chaser!

Post by rgorke » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:26 pm

Maybe the guitar will be up for sale soon?!?!?!
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:25 pm

I am certain it has more to do with the fact it was used on MJ's song-not that Ed actually used it and was the coolest player ever :scratch:
But it was a great collaborative effort between the two and one of his coolest solos I think.
I could elaborate more on this subject in fine unadulterated unrated DC style....
But even I know when to STFU :lol:

rgorke
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by rgorke » Thu Feb 21, 2013 3:56 pm

dirtycooter wrote:I am certain it has more to do with the fact it was used on MJ's song-not that Ed actually used it and was the coolest player ever :scratch:
But it was a great collaborative effort between the two and one of his coolest solos I think.
I could elaborate more on this subject in fine unadulterated unrated DC style....
But even I know when to STFU :lol:
Funny, STFU, is the name of Dave Friedman's new attenuator.
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

Bore Em at the Forum
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Bore Em at the Forum » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:26 pm

rgorke wrote:Maybe the guitar will be up for sale soon?!?!?!
Thing is, the guitars sold at places like that are (more often than not) your Squiers, Epiphones, etc that the autograph hounds and sharks get signed. Or they just do pickguards and slap them on the guitar later. It takes a real sucker to lay down big $$$$ on those guitars. Guess JJ, Jr wasn't clued into that idea.....

Can't imagine the guitar was any better than that (like one of Ed's mid-80s Kramers or something) or I would think it would have been documented by now (if it was hanging up in a store in Vegas).