Sometimes the underdog wins!

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

mightymike
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Sometimes the underdog wins!

Post by mightymike » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:08 am

So I'm eating breakfast at the Huddle House a few days ago.. It's just a cheap breakfast place. My whole meal was under $10.. There were 3 tables that me and 2 other drivers were sitting at when we hear some bitch yelling from the backroom. She's a waitress, and she's yelling at the girl who is bussing tables, and washing dishes. It was so busy that the busgirl is taking our order at the 3 tables. Then that waitress start berating her again out front for all to see, and it's pissing us off. We look at each other shaking our heads . One of the other drivers finds out the name, and writes down the phone number of the owner and makes sure the manager gives the busgirl the tip.

After he leaves, the waitress is going at her again, . I can't take it anymore, and interrupt her to announce that I'm giving the busgirl a $10 dollar tip for great servicie front of her and the manager. The waitress became nice, and the manager announced the busgirl's. (Londa) promotion to server, and that the next time I come, she will be waiting on tables.
The look on the busgirl's face was priceless. She was so polite, and professional under the abuse. She was doing three jobs, outworking everyone there, and doing a job others would think beneath them. For that she had all our respect.

Later on, the 3rd drive saw me at the truck stop next door and let me know that after I left, he too tipped her $10 in front of everyone.

I love it when the underdog prevails.

zaphod777
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Sometimes the underdog wins!

Post by zaphod777 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:05 pm

:thumbsup:

stef
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Sometimes the underdog wins!

Post by stef » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:13 am

:mrgreen: :clap:

fillmore nyc