quick audio usb guitar/mac interface advice

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

frenchie

quick audio usb guitar/mac interface advice

Post by frenchie » Sat May 24, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi gents , since i'm a total noob concerning all the pc/mac recording gear stuff , i need a little advice about what to eventually buy .... Lately i've been stranded on long working periods far away from my home and so amplifier gear .... frustrating to say the least .... So i've started to fancy the idea of grabbing an usb audio interface to be able to plug my guitar direct into the macbook and dick around garageband .... What i search is a , tiny in size , usb interface , with super low latency , no need for a big jack-> tiny jack adapter ( so big jack female plug included ) , and the highest quality preamp , all for under 100 usd approx ....
I don't need the big nuclear plant recording interface , but if a tiny interface is flexible and qualitative enough to allow recording too with a good mic , then why not , but not essential ...

advices ?

thanks in advance !

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: quick audio usb guitar/mac interface advice

Post by JimiJames » Sun May 25, 2014 9:43 am

ehh... Chiefy should be in shortly to MF all that is computer ! :lol:

In this interface dept. based on your post., get something cheap ( but reputable) to start out with as long as it tracks good and has very good latency. Some older expensive ones are as cheap as crappy new ones.
They have different selling points as to what features are being offered.
Just use as a stepping stone for several months. Either keep, trade or sell to eventually get something that you know in what you are looking for...

Unbelievably there are some kickbooty cell phone apps that do the job surprisingly well... :shock:
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

frenchie

Re: quick audio usb guitar/mac interface advice

Post by frenchie » Sun May 25, 2014 8:46 pm

JimiJames wrote:ehh... Chiefy should be in shortly to MF all that is computer ! :lol:

In this interface dept. based on your post., get something cheap ( but reputable) to start out with as long as it tracks good and has very good latency. Some older expensive ones are as cheap as crappy new ones.
They have different selling points as to what features are being offered.
Just use as a stepping stone for several months. Either keep, trade or sell to eventually get something that you know in what you are looking for...

Unbelievably there are some kickbooty cell phone apps that do the job surprisingly well... :shock:
thanks for your insight jimi !

i think i'm onto something , this one look pretty neat to me :

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Jam96K/