worst poser moments in rock....

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

chrisom
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: worst poser moments in rock....

Post by chrisom » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:17 am

When I saw 1964 The Tribute, Mark Benson (aka John Lennon) showed me a little cloned and mic'd AC-10 combo amp w/12" speaker that he used for the entire performance as opposed to using one or more AC-30's, So yes it is possible to get large sounds out of little amps in large environments.
Yeah! 1964 the Tribute- They came through our neck of the woods a couple years back and they were great! Talk about minimal gear, I had my binoculars out and all they were using at our gig was one of those little Vox floorboard pedal things with the single preamp tube window in it. This was the early blue one without the built-in expression pedal on it... :lol: From the seats I had, it was like being at one of those early Beatles shows you see the films of. They sounded great! :listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXBRiPITd3Q You can see the Vox on the Left edge of the drum riser. Wow... that was (4) years ago already?

Sparky4444

Post by Sparky4444 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:26 pm

Lefty Lou wrote:I didn't know that Valerie Bertinelli was a canuck, I thought she was of italian descent.
Eddie's current wife is from Canada...

And Bertinelli being of italian descent means she couldn't be from Canada?? :palm:

:lol:

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:46 pm

Sparky4444 wrote:
Lefty Lou wrote:I didn't know that Valerie Bertinelli was a canuck, I thought she was of italian descent.

And Bertinelli being of italian descent means she couldn't be from Canada?? :palm:

Well good for him, and good for you! I guess there are no indigenous Italian families living in Canada by your account?? :palm: :scratch:

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:28 pm

chrisom wrote:
When I saw 1964 The Tribute, Mark Benson (aka John Lennon) showed me a little cloned and mic'd AC-10 combo amp w/12" speaker that he used for the entire performance as opposed to using one or more AC-30's, So yes it is possible to get large sounds out of little amps in large environments.
Yeah! 1964 the Tribute- They came through our neck of the woods a couple years back and they were great! Talk about minimal gear, I had my binoculars out and all they were using at our gig was one of those little Vox floorboard pedal things with the single preamp tube window in it. This was the early blue one without the built-in expression pedal on it... :lol: From the seats I had, it was like being at one of those early Beatles shows you see the films of. They sounded great! :listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXBRiPITd3Q You can see the Vox on the Left edge of the drum riser. Wow... that was (4) years ago already?
I met Mark Benson several years back after 1964 The Tribute performed in OKC. I was then in the process of a divorce, and Mark was very kind in sharing his experiences regarding his divorce. We eventually got to the subject of amps and equipment, I owned an early 60's non-top boosted Vox AC-30 which Mark purchased from me. The whole group of guys were really cool, and I agree with what you said, "it was like being at one of those early Beatles shows you see the films of. They sounded great!"

Sparky4444

Post by Sparky4444 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:43 pm

Lefty Lou wrote:
Sparky4444 wrote:

Well good for him, and good for you! I guess there are no indigenous Italian families living in Canada by your account?? :palm: :scratch:
Dude --- have no clue what you're smokin' but I hope it's working for you...cuz you are making absolutely NO SENSE... :whistle:

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:10 am

Likewise I'm sure, the feeling is mutual.

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:52 am

I'm not taking sides, but I've been to India, Germany, Bogota, London, Dubai, Philippines, Tokyo and Canada, and it all looks good to me (at least most of them do when you get to be my age). One thing the Spaniards discovered centuries ago when their armada ruled the seven seas, was that "There's fine lookin' women EVERYWHERE, and you enjoy the exoticness of where you're at at the time, and don't complain about it. Look at all the hot South-american and Southeast asian women out there today thanks to the inflection of a bit of spanish DNA here and there over the centuries. The only time to complain if if there IS no women around at all... Look at China. Thanks to their overpopulation anti-female-child eugenics program, there aren't enough women to go around, and the kidnapping of women has now spiked majorly over there. I don't like NAFTA at all, but the one caveat is that alot of us regular average dudes can now hook up with some spicy senoritas today... Yeah Baby, Yeah..! :mrgreen: :drool: :peace: Peace!

Sparky4444

Post by Sparky4444 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:50 am

chrisom wrote:
I'm not taking sides, but I've been to India, Germany, Bogota, London, Dubai, Philippines, Tokyo and Canada, and it all looks good to me (at least most of them do when you get to be my age). One thing the Spaniards discovered centuries ago when their armada ruled the seven seas, was that "There's fine lookin' women EVERYWHERE, and you enjoy the exoticness of where you're at at the time, and don't complain about it. Look at all the hot South-american and Southeast asian women out there today thanks to the inflection of a bit of spanish DNA here and there over the centuries. The only time to complain if if there IS no women around at all... Look at China. Thanks to their overpopulation anti-female-child eugenics program, there aren't enough women to go around, and the kidnapping of women has now spiked majorly over there. I don't like NAFTA at all, but the one caveat is that alot of us regular average dudes can now hook up with some spicy senoritas today... Yeah Baby, Yeah..! :mrgreen: :drool: :peace: Peace!
OK,,,ummm,,,,all true...but this has to do with this, how???

The original joke was that the poser fake-amp thing must have been some Canadians idea -- yeah, yeah, funny enough...

..but then I put Eddie's pic up to show the wall of cab's and that he must be a poser as well --- plus he married a Canadian so maybe the joke of it being a Canadian idea was true -- ha, ha, I'm making fun of this even though I am Canadian..

...but then Brainiac over there said he thought Valerie Bertinelli was of italian-descent...ummmmm, she is an American of italian descent, so they relates to the Canadian poser-joke, how??? Plus she isn't even married to Eddie anymore and I was referring to Eddies current Canadian wife -- of whom obviously planted the idea to put up all those fake cab's because she is Canadian and this is a Canadian thing..

...my 5 year old nephew would understand this better than you guys...fuck me :palm:

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:04 pm

Don't worry about Ole Sparky, they just released him from the mental ward for obsessive compulsive and anger management issues pertaining to rock stars like EVH. Maybe HE needs to marry EVH so they both could be happy together.
Last edited by Lefty Lou on Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Strat78
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Strat78 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:10 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc0_Xnvl3t4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:what:

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:33 pm

Sparky4444 wrote:
chrisom wrote:
OK,,,ummm,,,,all true...but this has to do with this, how???

The original joke was that the poser fake-amp thing must have been some Canadians idea -- yeah, yeah, funny enough...

..but then I put Eddie's pic up to show the wall of cab's and that he must be a poser as well --- plus he married a Canadian so maybe the joke of it being a Canadian idea was true -- ha, ha, I'm making fun of this even though I am Canadian..

...but then Brainiac over there said he thought Valerie Bertinelli was of italian-descent...ummmmm, she is an American of italian descent, so they relates to the Canadian poser-joke, how??? Plus she isn't even married to Eddie anymore and I was referring to Eddies current Canadian wife -- of whom obviously planted the idea to put up all those fake cab's because she is Canadian and this is a Canadian thing..

...my 5 year old nephew would understand this better than you guys...fuck me :palm:
Sounds like you and your 5 year old nephew have something in common (IQ levels) :clap:

Sparky4444

Post by Sparky4444 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:52 pm

Lefty Lou wrote:
Sounds like you and your 5 year old nephew have something in common (IQ levels) :clap:
LMAO...as long as you're so keen on Italians, it's fitting you're name is Lefty Lou....Go google what "left" means in Italian and why the italian word for it is what it is... retard...

...look at me -- trying to get a guy to figure out another language when he barely has mastered his own....

...in case you wondering -- that's google.com...that's a jee...oh.......oh.....jee....slow enough for ya?? ...

...go back down into you parents basement and get back to Guitar Hero...this forum is for guys who know more than 3 chords....you hack

:shred:

:palm:

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:06 pm

Sparky4444 wrote:
Lefty Lou wrote:
LMAO...as long as you're so keen on Italians, it's fitting you're name is Lefty Lou....Go google what "left" means in Italian and why the italian word for it is what it is... retard...

...look at me -- trying to get a guy to figure out another language when he barely has mastered his own....

...in case you wondering -- that's google.com...that's a jee...oh.......oh.....jee....slow enough for ya?? ...

...go back down into you parents basement and get back to Guitar Hero...this forum is for guys who know more than 3 chords....you hack

:shred:

I'm still waiting to see the video conversation between you and your 5 yr. old nephew, it has to be too funny watching a 5 yr. old setting straight a 15 yr. old uncle.

dazzlindino

Post by dazzlindino » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:40 pm

The critic’s say:

"[Triumph] couldn’t come up with an original idea if their lives depended on it"
- Patrick McDonald, Seattle Times, 1979.

"Rolling Stone magazine recently proclaimed the Clash the best rock group in the world, so that’s settled - but what’s the worst? Competition is tough, but after its concert last night, Triumph is definitely in the running...
- Terry Atkinson, Los Angeles Times, 1980.

"Triumph’s music is little more than a rehash of melodies and rhythms Grand Funk struggled with years ago. And the lyrics are turgid."
- Wayne Robins, Newsday, 1980.
I want my music waking up the dead...
Dont tell me to turn it down

if its not loud enough you must be really old...huh,what,what did you play?

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:15 pm

dazzlindino wrote:The critic’s say:

"[Triumph] couldn’t come up with an original idea if their lives depended on it"
- Patrick McDonald, Seattle Times, 1979.

"Rolling Stone magazine recently proclaimed the Clash the best rock group in the world, so that’s settled - but what’s the worst? Competition is tough, but after its concert last night, Triumph is definitely in the running...
- Terry Atkinson, Los Angeles Times, 1980.

"Triumph’s music is little more than a rehash of melodies and rhythms Grand Funk struggled with years ago. And the lyrics are turgid."
- Wayne Robins, Newsday, 1980.
dazzlindino, we better watch out with references to Sparky's favorite bands VH & Triumph as he might explode. We don't want to be in the vicinity when he goes off.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhbHTjMLN5c[/youtube]