Dear Guest

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

bluefuzzguitar

Dear Guest

Post by bluefuzzguitar » Wed May 05, 2004 6:47 pm

Dear Guest,

At the recommendation of George we're moving this to the Off-Topic Area. Look, I'm not getting into a war of words with you so I won't answer your petty question. I do have a few questions of my own, tho:

- Why don't you identify yourself?
- Are you a troll? If so, I won't take the bait.

I was just sticking up for Jon because his remark was just tongue in cheek IMO. He clearly has a rock & roll attitude which I applaud and which I feel is lacking all too much today. You're an example of that. Why do people take themselves so seriously and are all about being cynical these days? Who needs to get a life now? Either you make a constructive contribution to this forum (you can start by making yourself known!) or move on to another forum. So far this has been a very pleasant and informative place. Let's keep it that way.

Mike
There's no tone like your own

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Wed May 05, 2004 7:22 pm

Jon was telling me some anonymous character was giving him some guff on his band's website.(forum?) Apparently this Chap didn't get the "11" Spinal Tap thing, and proceeded to argue w/Jon about it.

He wouldn't come out and identify himself either.

Same guy?

Mike, are you transplanted to Holland from an English speaking country?
If not, your command of the language is astounding. :D

Fritz
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

bluefuzzguitar

Post by bluefuzzguitar » Wed May 05, 2004 7:48 pm

Fritz,

Sometimes I do feel like I was transported from the States to here but the truth is I'm Dutch, born and bred. I taught myself to speak American English without any accent from the age of 10 by listening to...Elvis records!!!

Yes, Elvis was my tutor, believe it or not. At that age your jaws aren't rusty yet so it was easier for me to master the accent. At age 12 my teachers expected me to embrace British English, which is the standard of English in Dutch education. I wasn't ready to do that and so I consciously set to work on perfecting my accent. That's when I got rid of any traces of Dutch accent I had left. When Americans hear me speak they think I'm American and when they try to pinpoint the accent they usually end up somewhere in the mid-west.

I also taught myself to play the guitar. My original 'teachers' were Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughan. After that came many other Texas-style blues players and early rockers like Eric Clapton, Paul Kossoff, Duane Allman, Gary Rossington, etc. I combine my two talents on stage and speak English no matter where I'm playing - including my native country of the Netherlands.

Funny. This has turned into an introduction of me rather than a discussion of Guest. All the better IMO. Trolls are not worth the time and effort...

Mike

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Wed May 05, 2004 9:29 pm

Mike,
Fascinating story. I am utterly impressed. 8)
I also taught myself to play the guitar. My original 'teachers' were Jimmie and Stevie Ray Vaughan. After that came many other Texas-style blues players and early rockers like Eric Clapton, Paul Kossoff, Duane Allman, Gary Rossington, etc.
Can't go wrong with that list.! :D

Fritz
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

flemingmras
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by flemingmras » Thu May 06, 2004 8:54 am

Now THIS is why you guys are so cool! No matter what I have to say, you guys ALWAYS have my back!

Hey Fritz. I found out why my amp was blowing everytime I soaked it. It was in fact the OT. It fried when it got that Jager Bomb spilled in it. However, the amp worked fine at low volumes with a distortion box. The problem wouldn't show up until I started crankin' through it after about 10 mins when everything started gettin' good and warm.

At first I realized that I was given the wrong color code for the secondary side of the OT, which caused a HUGE impedance mismatch. I was running it like tihs when you heard it on the Power Brake at The Penalty Box and like this it would blow tubes within 2 minutes along with the HT fuse. As soon as I corrected this, the amp would work for about 10 mins before blowing the mains fuse. That right there pretty much spelled out that the OT was in fact partially fried. I replaced it, and now have 2 Spinal Tap heads as I converted the panel on the first one.

I also no longer use distortion boxes. I run strictly through my Power Brake with the Metro Mod in it(I did the actual mod but got the parts from George). I have also installed the JCM900 cathode fuses on both heads and now both heads have detatchable power cords on them. I've been running the one that had the bomb spilled in it for 2 gigs now with the amp on...11 all night long both times and she just took everything I gave her. Good girl! 8)
There's just that fine line between stupid and clever - Nigel Tufnel

Post by Guest » Thu May 06, 2004 2:14 pm

ok i just posted a small phrase "get a life" and all this followed.
Lets see....i attacked his website...what else did i do....oh yes i attacked the WTC and the tokyo subway train with gases.

Nice conclusions,with a rock 'n roll attitude....which is missing these days....well done guys

flemingmras

Post by flemingmras » Thu May 06, 2004 2:43 pm

Anonymous wrote:ok i just posted a small phrase "get a life" and all this followed.
Lets see....i attacked his website...what else did i do....oh yes i attacked the WTC and the tokyo subway train with gases.

Nice conclusions,with a rock 'n roll attitude....which is missing these days....well done guys

OK we're not saying that you're a terrorist or anything like that.

However what we're wondering is:

1) Why won't you identify yourself?
2) Why did you tell ME to get a life? Out of all the people here. What have I done wrong to you to deserve to get treated like shit here?

Yes you're right. Everyone on this forum pretty much has my back, because they know that I do know my shit and that I worked very hard to get to that point. And I give them all my tech info that it took me years to learn so they will always have my back.

What they're saying about the rock n roll attitude is that us rock guitarists...YES WE LOVE WOMEN!!! If we didn't the human race would die! And yes we make it KNOWN that we love woman, sex(and LOTS of it!!!) and rock n roll. However you strike me as one of those people who thinks that anyone that talks anything about having sex with a woman is degrading and that we should get a life! OK if we didn't like sex the human race would simply die out! It is perfectly normal for us to talk about sex and women, so excuse us for being "normal"!

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm on my way to get laid right now. 8) :lol:

Jon

P.S. Will be positng sound clips with different frequency ranges of this guys so we can all mod our amps! 8) :lol:

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Thu May 06, 2004 4:21 pm

Fellas please. Let's leave head butting to pro wrestlers and wild mountain goats.

You must remeber that not everyone comes from the Ted Nugent school of politcal erectness.
Jon, you have to admit that your personality invokes a rise out of people. And that you kinda dig that about yourself.
C'mon, admit it.....

That's cool, we're all passionate in our convictions. Why else would we put so much effort into making a piece of wood with strings sound a certain way?

But there's room here for everyone's opinion. Even guys who like Dual Rectifiers, don't eat meat and disagree that Pabst Blue Ribbon is the best beer ever. Actually, if anyone like that shows up, let's beat em up.

Anyway, you know what I'm getting at. I'm paying for extra webspace to have this forum and I'd like it filled up with cool info and amp stuff.

Besides, everyone knows I get way more chicks than you guys. 8)

Carry on.......

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

flemingmras

Post by flemingmras » Thu May 06, 2004 5:08 pm

Yeah George I do dig that my personality gets a rise out of people. But not a NEGATIVE rise!

That's not what I'm after. Yes I am very politically incorrect, however I'm not that way to invoke a negative rise out of people. Unfortunately that's what it does to some people and they can all kiss my ass. Cool guys like Bluefuzzguitar, OnTheFritz, Gainfreak, Country Boy Shane, Flames, Gnugear...ALL those guys are my type.They're politically incorrect just like me and when I post something just totally WAY off the wall like I do, these are the guys that not only think it's funnier than shit, but they come up with some DAMN good comebacks(especially Flames and CBS!!!)! THAT'S the kind of rise I like getting out of people. Not for people who read it and then have to cut you down for it when all you're tryin' to do is offer entertainment while helping people build some bad ass amps!

I'm sure everyone can totally see where I'm coming from. But from now on, nothing but political CORRECTNESS from me. Thank you George for just flat out neutering me!... 8) :lol:

Yeah right! Whoever want's to take away my guns can kiss my fuckin' ass! 8) :lol:

Jon

johniss0001

Post by johniss0001 » Thu May 06, 2004 5:49 pm

Guest if you see this email register and log in properly and enjoy this plexi amp forum!!

EH Guys this forum is a great laugh and that guest user is just taking the piss!!

John Ross
Last edited by johniss0001 on Thu May 06, 2004 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

johniss0001

Post by johniss0001 » Thu May 06, 2004 5:54 pm

Flemingrass. I like your Rock'n'Roll attitude you try to get a positive reaction out of people. That guest user must piss you off I know the felling of people treating you like shit read the story below!!!
One time I did a gig in my local town I got a whole lotta shit thrown at me and my prized Gibson SG pro!
As soon as I did my piece I went up to the microphone this was in a jam packed hall and said " What do you think you are playing at throwing that stuff at me and do you know how much guts it takes to come up on stage and play solo!?"
The next day someone came up to me and said "I was throwing stuff at you when you were playing last night!"
I replied " were you now!"
So out of spite as a really horrible joke I said " that would be £1000 pound to send my guitar down to england and get it sprayed/laqured!"

Boy did his face go bright red with guilt and and he started to deny it!!!

ROCK'N'ROll OR WHAT!!!!! : :twisted: :twisted:

John Ross

bluefuzzguitar

Post by bluefuzzguitar » Thu May 06, 2004 6:17 pm

[quote="Anonymous"]ok i just posted a small phrase "get a life" and all this followed.

Guest[/quote]

Don't mention it! You just proved my point about having a piss 'n vinegar cynical attitude. I prefer a R&R attitude myself. 8) You're full of rigteous indignation, yet you won't identify yourself. I admire George's tolerance and I think it's the only way to go but there's an unwritten law that you give yourself a forum ID if you're gonna take part in a forum. Since you're the Tokyo guy I'll just call you Gassed! :lol:

Mike

Post by Guest » Thu May 06, 2004 6:20 pm

i made one comment and you started talking about how politically incorrect you are.You formed an opinion about what that comment "could" mean or what you would like that comment to mean in order to say what you have on your mind ,which is totally irrelevant.
You must be one of those guys with closed ears and big mouth lol

l8r

bluefuzzguitar

Post by bluefuzzguitar » Thu May 06, 2004 6:32 pm

[quote="Anonymous"]i made one comment and you started talking about how politically incorrect you are.You formed an opinion about what that comment "could" mean or what you would like that comment to mean in order to say what you have on your mind ,which is totally irrelevant.
You must be one of those guys with closed ears and big mouth lol

l8r[/quote]

Righteous indignation again. Let us know who you are and then we'll talk. You know it's not too late to start communicating. You don't seem to grasp the humor and irony of our comments, do you? Try this one for size:

- Closed ears: after a gig with a plexi 100, most certainly yes!
- Big mouth: ALWAYS!

Rock 'n roll, baby! :wink: 8) :D

Mike

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Thu May 06, 2004 7:04 pm

I still get the most chicks. 8)

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...