I'm failrly certain Itunes is the worst software ever coded

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

I'm failrly certain Itunes is the worst software ever coded

Post by VelvetGeorge » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:10 am

What an awful, useless, bloated, unintuitive, self-serving, Apple agenda fulfilling piece of God-awful software. Just had to vent, sorry.
I have an Iphone and an Ipad. Neither have ever sync'ed to Itunes, and likely won't. It's just too filled with pitfalls for anyone following the standard logic and conventions of computing from the last 20 years. Doing anything "logical" (if it even allows you to) will almost surely result in lost files.

I do enjoy my Iphone, but am no Apple fan boy by any stretch. In fact, I take some offense to being "saved from my own ignorance" or so it would seem.

Just bitching, thanks.

G
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

vanhalen5150
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: I'm failrly certain Itunes is the worst software ever co

Post by vanhalen5150 » Fri Jun 29, 2012 6:44 am

I had the same problem. Make sure you update all your stuff.
12000 Metro Kit

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:17 am

ALWAYS setup your iTunes to save any of your music files you import as MP3 files instead of "AAC" files, or they "got you" and you are stuck in their proprietary file type. At least with MP3's you can take your files elsewhere and use with other media players if you so desire- co

(Beware of the politically-correct Apple "property rights" management system- If I buy them, I should be able to use them wherever "I " want to- Not wherever they say I can- Just my 2 cents...)

Also, I never do the "updates" unless the old iTunes revision is so outdated that it won't work anymore with my hardware. You just get used to the interface and they change it. Just like with MusicMatch Jukebox and all the others. If it works and you know your way around, just leave it alone...

Harold

Post by Harold » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:46 am

iTunes is the main reason I will never buy an iPod, iPad or iPhone. I only use Linux, so it won't work anyway besides the fact I just want to be able to mount my phone/device on whatever computer/car radio/etc that I like without having to sync it with some application first using a $30 cable instead of a industry-standard USB connector.

Yet Apple sells millions of those restricted iPhones? :what: We invade countries that act like Apple does.
Gibson SG Jr > DP209 > Ross Distortion > JMP 2203, 2204 or 1987x > 1960TV
TANK86 - Instrumental sludge metal!
DIY-Layout.com - Online stripboards!

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:34 am

itunes really sucks... it's funny to see how they propose some updates : each new version will be the same shit ^^. poor architecture, not inuitive, not understandable. i told it to apple and said that even if i'm not a coder guy, i'm an architect and i could draw the big lines for a smart useful software ha ha. give me 10 000 euros for that ! they said that the developpers read the feedbacks about it ( yeah right ... )