(RIP) Mark Abrahamian

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

mapat
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: (RIP) Mark Abrahamian

Post by mapat » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:31 am

I've been too shocked and stunned to post until now, and even now i don't think I can express how horrible this news feels to me...

Mark's enthusiasm for all things tone, his generosity and sharing of his incredible talents, and his passion for life were all truly inspiring.

Thank you for everything Mark. You will be sorely missed.

WERNER1

Post by WERNER1 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:49 am

I am at such a loss for words,.. a buddy of mine txt'd me this morning asking "Who was the guy who modded your amp",.. a few txt later he dropped the bomb on me, .. .. still don't know how to react to this news.

All I can say is that he was a magician with the Marshall circuit and a killer player to boot,. I'd have to say I've had over 20 or so conversations with him over the phone, and whether it was about amps, guitars, speakers, pickups, recording,.. cars,.. what ever - He was just a great guy.

You'll truly be missed Mark - God's Speed!

Rick

classalpha

Post by classalpha » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:57 am

... wow. :( Haven't logged in for a while & am totally out of the loop - I had no idea "Rockstah" was Mark Abrahamian or that he'd been touring w/ Starship... :? Regardless of my ignorance... Rest In Peace, Mark... you were one of the best EVH-influenced players I have ever heard... especially tone-wise... you're truly a "Rockstah(r)" in my book... :thumbsup: ... :(

T.L.

Post by T.L. » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:30 am

The last thing I would have expected to see when I logged on was this.
Unbelievable...

Ralle

Post by Ralle » Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:09 am

I was chocked to see this when I logged on... Mark and I had our counter discussions over the years... discovererd many common findings, and what was going on regarding the sound...
We talked over the phone a couple of times... funny, I remember the first time we spoke, we just got right to it... no small talk... we just introduced each other, and just got right down to it... kinda intensed, but very productive...

This is a community that holds many different personallitys and characters... that's the greatness of it... Mark had a very huge personallity ( as far as I got to know him )... He made me pissed, and he made me glad... glad that I got to know him...

You will be missed, Mark
RIP

Ralle

allenc5150

Post by allenc5150 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:22 am

What a loss for the Metro community, this forum and music in general. There are lots of people who can cop an EVH-like tone, and lots of people who can play EVH licks fairly well. But Mark was singular - he had the tone, amazing feeling, incredible chops and could build amazing amps. His contributions to this forum over the years were remarkable, as was his playing and his willingness to help others along in their journeys.

Please let this be a lesson to all - get regular checkups, watch your cholesterol numbers and heed warning signs from your body. Chest pains, or tightness in the chest can mean an imminent heart attack. Get to a hospital or a doctor immediately. The music world, and Mark's family and friends lost him way too early.

RIP, Rockstah.

Craig
"It is man's sympathy with all creatures that first makes him truly a man." - Albert Schweitzer

dnatronic

Post by dnatronic » Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:31 pm

George Noory even mentioned Mark's passing on the Coast to Coast show. Mark lived and breathed the passion of guitar playing and tone chasing. He certainly had an impact on many of us, and his legacy lives on in his postings on searching for the EVH tone, the Lar/Mar PPIV and his Mod 5 amp mod.

Life is too short.

RIP Rockstah

Good Guest

Post by Good Guest » Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:44 pm

For now on I'm going to refer to the mod 5 as the "Mark V"...Hope metro does a memorial amp for all those that can't do or get a Mod 5 anymore.. :cry: Sad because it sounds like Rockstash was going to quit the band and concentrate on his mod so guitarists can get THE tone . I read the info on his webpage and how disappointed he was to hear a Marshall and how he thought it was broken...makes it is life goal to mod them so we don't have to experience that. :clap: :rock:RIP Mark May your Mark V live on forever.. :thumbsup:

ToneBone

Post by ToneBone » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:29 pm

Very, very sad. We'll all miss his good spirit.
Prayers for his family, fiance and friends.

axeman

Post by axeman » Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:44 pm

He had a awesome life if you ask me, he tourd the world, built amps and modded them too. Played guitar very very well.

He'll be missed

RIP
Mark Abrahamian

Art

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:56 am

Agreed, he 'Lived The Life' of a successful musician, many only think and dream about.

+1 about the 'Mark v' GoodGuest. That, imo, would be a fitting tribute to Mark.
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

rgorke
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by rgorke » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:03 am

Good Guest wrote:For now on I'm going to refer to the mod 5 as the "Mark V"...Hope metro does a memorial amp for all those that can't do or get a Mod 5 anymore.. :cry: Sad because it sounds like Rockstash was going to quit the band and concentrate on his mod so guitarists can get THE tone . I read the info on his webpage and how disappointed he was to hear a Marshall and how he thought it was broken...makes it is life goal to mod them so we don't have to experience that. :clap: :rock:RIP Mark May your Mark V live on forever.. :thumbsup:
+1 Mark V !
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:14 pm

Actually given George's business model, and his current models offered, I think it's a really silly idea, and fail to see that it would ever pay off. Nice idea an' all, but business is business when you've got a family to look after.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

ErickC

Post by ErickC » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:11 pm

i wasnt sure when it would've been appropriate to ask but since the topic has been brought up (Mod 5) i was wondering if anyone who had a Mod 5 done would be willing to share the specs so that others could continue building amps with the Mod 5 on their own. It would be Mark's lasting legacy and im sure he would want it shared with anyone willing to do the mod.

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:47 pm

ErickC wrote:i wasnt sure when it would've been appropriate to ask but since the topic has been brought up (Mod 5) i was wondering if anyone who had a Mod 5 done would be willing to share the specs so that others could continue building amps with the Mod 5 on their own. It would be Mark's lasting legacy and im sure he would want it shared with anyone willing to do the mod.
http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=35190" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!