Winter, kinda makes me homesick...

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Winter, kinda makes me homesick...

Post by NY Chief » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:30 pm

...NAHHH!!!! Well, maybe a little! Ahhh, the good old days.

Cheers to all my winterbound Metro brothers!

People se winter....
http://www.youtube.com/embed/xKy2lLNQYrI?rel=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

Lefty Lou
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Winter, kinda makes me homesick...

Post by Lefty Lou » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:55 pm

NY Chief wrote:...NAHHH!!!! Well, maybe a little! Ahhh, the good old days.

Cheers to all my winterbound Metro brothers!

People se winter....
http://www.youtube.com/embed/xKy2lLNQYrI?rel=0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Coming from Oklahoma where you have extreme humidity AND heat in the summertime, I very much look forward to cooler weather. Even moderate consistently cool weather (like in California) would be more than fine with me.

mightymike
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by mightymike » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:13 pm

I was in OK today. I went straight down 135 to Oklahoma City, then down 35 to Gainsville, Tx ... Going to Chicago up US75 TO Us69 to I44 towards Joplin, Mo tomorrow

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:09 pm

Chief, I loved the winter as a kid and young adult. It was fun and games, now I loathe the Winter but love the Fall.
So Cal is looking good to me right now! :thumbsup:
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:42 am

OnTheFritz wrote:Chief, I loved the winter as a kid and young adult. It was fun and games, now I loathe the Winter but love the Fall.
Oh, yeah. LOVED it as a kid! Until I had to shovel the friggin driveway to get the car out only to have to plow push it all back up in front ot the driveway as sson as I was done! Ahhh, but that first snow of the season...donuts in the HS parking lot!

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:48 am

mightymike wrote:I was in OK today. I went straight down 135 to Oklahoma City, then down 35 to Gainsville, Tx ... Going to Chicago up US75 TO Us69 to I44 towards Joplin, Mo tomorrow
I was a Service Tech / Trainer in a past life. Had a session in Champaign one day and Arlington Heights the next. Got done early in Champaign and tried to move my flight up but missed the last flight out. So I said well, I could drive up tonight and get a jump on the next day, plus I can see some of the country. Do know you what I saw??? 160 miles of friggin CORN stalks!!! I felt like I was in a bobsled run! Corn is all I could see on both sides!

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:02 pm

mightymike wrote:I was in OK today. I went straight down 135 to Oklahoma City, then down 35 to Gainsville, Tx ... Going to Chicago up US75 TO Us69 to I44 towards Joplin, Mo tomorrow
You do your fair share of the driving then. I completed my driving requisites when I purchased right of way for BNSF Railway, I was all over the country (and didn't always necessarily fly).

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by JimiJames » Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:45 am

OnTheFritz wrote:Chief, I loved the winter as a kid and young adult. It was fun and games, now I loathe the Winter but love the Fall.
NOTHING was better than skitching ! Sometimes I'd get lucky and go for a half a block before letting go of the bumper and wiping out from going too fast.
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

OnTheFritz

Post by OnTheFritz » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:11 am

JimiJames wrote:
NOTHING was better than skitching ! Sometimes I'd get lucky and go for a half a block before letting go of the bumper and wiping out from going too fast.
Oh Dude I'm so with that! We called it "Bumper-hitching". Remember well doing that in the parking lot at the local Mall.
That was fun, had to have your toes up! And yes, I had my fare share of wipe-outs!
Some kids got seriously hurt, but they were losers! :palm: :mrgreen:
"I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down' " - Bob Newhart

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:20 pm

JimiJames wrote:
...or hitting a bare patch... :stars:

SKITCHING!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:58 pm

NY Chief wrote:
JimiJames wrote:
...or hitting a bare patch... :stars:

SKITCHING!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
So that's where the main character in the movie, "That Thing You Do" got his nickname "Skitch", he must've hit a dry patch just like he did with his old girlfriend in the movie. lol After you do some skitching, you need to get a little bit of stitching (or maybe a lot). lol

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:30 am

It's pretty mild here. Hoping for some sub zero weather so the city can get all the outdoor rinks going. At least our public skating oval is pipe frozen.
12000 Metro Kit

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:53 am

vanhalen5150 wrote:It's pretty mild here. Hoping for some sub zero weather so the city can get all the outdoor rinks going. At least our public skating oval is pipe frozen.
Miss the old days, would love to get out there but my knee's would not be very happya bout it! :(

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:11 pm

NY Chief wrote:
vanhalen5150 wrote:It's pretty mild here. Hoping for some sub zero weather so the city can get all the outdoor rinks going. At least our public skating oval is pipe frozen.
Miss the old days, would love to get out there but my knee's would not be very happya bout it! :(
You wouldn't hear me slinking up behind you either then. :thumbsup:
12000 Metro Kit

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Sat Dec 07, 2013 2:51 pm

:P :lol:

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"