Thanks to Strat78

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

ol foot
Just the numbers in order: 7

Thanks to Strat78

Post by ol foot » Thu Jul 03, 2014 10:22 am

Been "talking " to him for a while now about his knee surgery and finally had my right one done last Wednesday. It's actually gone better than I expected although the therapy was pretty rough yesterday. Here's a shot right after the surgery:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/myfoot/ ... sort=3&o=0

I actually woke up toward the end of the surgery and while I couldn't see what was going on , I could hear the saw or drill or whatever and the hammer. Actually chatted with the Dr while he was finishing up. I guess as long as I wasn't freaked out, the anaesthesiologist left me more or less awake.

Not looking forward to having the other one done but if it goes as well as this has so far then I wouldn't not have it done.

ValveStorm
Supporting Advertiser
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Thanks to Strat78

Post by ValveStorm » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:15 pm

Now you are going to have to shave your left leg to match! :lol:
Good luck with your rehab!
ValveStorm.comParts, parts parts!

Strat78
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Strat78 » Thu Jul 03, 2014 12:30 pm

Well, thank you very much! Nothin' like that first BM and first shower a couple days after the surgery! :clap: I think allot of folks around here will be candidates for this procedure in the near future (with all the jumping off the drum riser, knee slides across the stage and such back in the day). :palm: Robert, he's going back for that seconed knee in four or five weeks, so it will get a good shave then. :D Here is a good summery of the procedure, I would even go so far as to watch a real live one as well, you'd be surprised how much the surgeons rely on jigs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAMuP2MNqUo

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:19 pm

Strat78 wrote:Well, thank you very much! Nothin' like that first BM and first shower a couple days after the surgery! :clap: I think allot of folks around here will be candidates for this procedure in the near future (with all the jumping off the drum riser, knee slides across the stage and such back in the day). :palm: Robert, he's going back for that seconed knee in four or five weeks, so it will get a good shave then. :D Here is a good summery of the procedure, I would even go so far as to watch a real live one as well, you'd be surprised how much the surgeons rely on jigs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAMuP2MNqUo
Funny thing is that although it is a few years since I last did these (1990 :shock: ) we would put the jig on, cut the femur and tibia to get the correct angles using the jigs, but nearly always eyeball it first and more often than not say "nah that's not quite right!" and subtly change it to get it to line up correctly. In 1 in 7 people you have to get a certain amount of what is called valgus (lower leg sticking out to the side ever so slightly - not straight to make sure the ligaments are not too tight) and the jigs don't work.

Fortunately in my line of work (replumbing) it is more freestyle.

Good luck with 'Round 2' :thumbsup:
Neil