someone help marshall !

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

frenchie

someone help marshall !

Post by frenchie » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:45 am

https://www.marshallheadphones.com/mh_s ... ndon-phone

My ^^ they really are desperate :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

what's next ? doorknobs ? :lol:

I guess this is what is to be expected when high profile gratuates that have been sheeps all their lives are payed to "brainstorm" by a company .... you cannot learn to be original and think ahead on a whim , when 99% of your life have been spent doing precisely what you were asked for without ever daring to decide for it and ... licking boots ^^

i can almost hear the new products management team from where i am :

"" gentlemen's , let's lead marshall corp into the 21th century , we have to launch an "IT" product to stay ahead of our competitors , poll say the new generation of kids spend 75,37 % of their free time on android products , we have a niche product sector to penetrate right there , if we stay faithful to the image of the brand by making a vintage item but at the same time shamelessly representative of our times ( says he looking at the ceiling as a greek philosopher would have gazed at the stars ) we could really well succeed to increase our market share ....let's make a china made plasticky and bulky android phone yey !! ""

really dude ? an android phone ? :shock: because this market is already so sparsely provided for that you need to trash your image on it doing an nth attempt as posing like a plasticky toy seller whereas all your historic amp line suffer more and more from a reputation of being unreliable and cheap ?

Do they actually PAY monthly the guys who actually come up with such product strategies or do they just copy their competitors ? :shock: :shock: :shock:

A simple android app would have done the trick and would have been far cheaper , AND more efficient running on top of the line smartphones that everyone already HAS , than on a cheap chinese knockoff vaguely covered by an elephant tolex imitation no sane person will ever buy .

yeah knobs :scratch: not such a bad idea after investigation compared to that :lol: except for the fact that there already are plenty in the management offices ....

rent ...over ...

neikeel

Re: someone help marshall !

Post by neikeel » Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:45 am

frenchie wrote:
rent ...over ...
? :wink:

- isn't it just a marketing gimmick?
- like shades, fridges, clothing?

Does nothing for me and I quite agree an app (like recording or Marshall amp sims for i-pad etc) would have been a better idea IMO.

Margins on amps from the far east are probably quite tight and even tighter on the UK made stuff and there must be a point where saturation takes effect. I have never bought a new Marshall so I am no good. I buy new spares but that is about it. Of the current production I think the HW will sound good when they have aged a bit f you can still get good glassware and the YJM and AFD models were a good idea although they had a lot of teething problems.
I hope George has found a niche in the market with his Metro-Plex. If I were looking for an all round amp that is where I would be looking, sadly not at a new Marshall.
Neil

frenchie

Re: someone help marshall !

Post by frenchie » Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:15 am

neikeel wrote:
? :wink:

- isn't it just a marketing gimmick?
- like shades, fridges, clothing?

yeah but i mean , their gimmicks really really really start to look like 70% of their business model nowadays ^^ :lol:
And i bet the design of their new phone surely hasn't cost less than a random new graphic for their black shirts ....or new skirts for their convention hostesses :lol:
Thing is i've been in my fair share of big companies to know what kind of moronic self centered gargarisms sometimes drive the bosses of management teams , i mean you really have to believe in yourself to pull out some of these turds with a straight face , and they usually drag sick amounts of good company money down in the abyss for them . I can smell that stench of blind faith of their own prowess a mile away now , and it drives me nuts when i detect it , hence the rant ( yeah sorry for the spelling numb fingers and almost closing eyes sometimes ) !
Someone has to tell the guy who pulled this that anyone cannot be steve jobs a second time again :lol: , i mean it's cool the guy has dreams and everything :lol: but "c'mon man use your stocks for these types of ventures will ya , don't sweat it , you're destined to loose them anyway with that amazing instinct of yours " :lol: :lol: