Rolling Stones in UK

Everyday chat. No political or religious discussions.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Metal Handles

Rolling Stones in UK

Post by Metal Handles » Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:04 pm

Hello fellow forumites!

After setting the alarm and going in to work for 37 years, I am hanging up the cleats so to speak and am retiring! I am planning a trip to the UK to see all the music history (between many pints I'm sure!!) A visit to the Marshall factory to see the one and only "Number One" THE first Marshall (JTM 45) ever made among a whole lot of other cool stuff. I will, of course, have to play the machine that Lemmy sat at so many times in that favorite pub of his.

Well to make a long story short, as I was researching flights and tours and stuff, I noticed that the Stones will be touring the whole time we will be there! I have choices to see them in a few different historic stadiums.

My question for you all is, where would you go to see them if you were me????

Hey, I'm so stoked about all of this. I can't help but believe this is fate. My first 45 record was Satisfaction and I have my Keef shirt already in hand!

Looking forward to hearing your ideas. Bring 'em on!
Last edited by Metal Handles on Sat Apr 14, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

neikeel

Re: Rolling Stones in UK

Post by neikeel » Fri Apr 13, 2018 4:51 pm

Always wanted to see the Stones.

Inevitably it will be a mega stadium.

Seems to be £250 for close view and £60 at the back so hard to decide.

What were you planning?
Neil

Metal Handles

Post by Metal Handles » Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:56 pm

Hi Neil,

It appears the family has put their 2 cents in and I ordered some tickets to the June 15th show in Cardiff!
I really wanted to see the Wembley show, but 3 votes to 1 did me in.

We are going to knock around London for a while (I'm going to check out Jimi Hendrix's apartment that is now a museum as well as seeing as many old amps as I can!), then make a run through Scotland and then back to Wales for the show.

We should make arrangements to knock back a cold one or three while I'm around. The first couple of weeks in June is the time frame.

I'm starting to get a bit excited about all this!

Frank

Metal Handles

Post by Metal Handles » Fri Apr 13, 2018 7:06 pm

We went for the general admission tickets. They were around 80 pounds each, but we'll be on the grass and able to get close to the long runway that Mick will be prancing around on!

No high dollar seats for us, but we should be able to see plenty. Especially with the big screens that will no doubt be there.

If you've never seen the band, you really should. All good things must come to an end you know.
The last time I went to a Stones show was 1972 and Stevie Wonder opened up. I guess he was "Little" Stevie Wonder then!

I think I've heard that the set lists will be mostly the old hits too. Oh yeah!

.........I was born in a crossfire hurricane.......... :thumbsup:

Metal Handles

Post by Metal Handles » Wed May 02, 2018 6:33 pm

Oh yeah! Nothing like a HOT thread! I mean one response. Wow. This place has really slowed down the last few years. Too bad.

Whatever.......... hey, I've added the Bare Knuckle factory to the list. Anybody ever take a visit there? I'd love to see the inside story at that place. Love me some Bare Knuckles :rock:

Come on you lurkers. Talk to me!