New Fender Monterey Strat

His guitar slung across his back, his dusty boots is his cadillac.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

AJW
Just the numbers in order: 13492

New Fender Monterey Strat

Post by AJW » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:00 pm

New Jimi Hendrix Monterey Strat from Fender: https://www.fender.com/pages/electric-g ... atocaster/

I know it's just a marketing ploy, but I had once thought about making a replica so it's fun to see. :jimi:

Xplorer
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: New Fender Monterey Strat

Post by Xplorer » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:33 am

Sounds cool. Didn't they release such monterey strat clone already in the past ? I'm wondering.
But it wasn't accurate enough. The one in pieces at the emp would be cool too, another drawing.

Ps : just having my flight back from a week end in Vienna, and it was very cool to land in an airbnb where the owner was actualy a famous player in this country, and there was plenty of guitars and effects, amps in the living room.
First time i played a 65 pre cbs strat. Now i want such neck !! Not so much better than the later strats i have, just different but cool to play, sounding nicely. Not a thick neck, a bit larger than the 79 neck i have.

AJW
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by AJW » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:56 pm

Wow! That is a great AirBnB story, but I personally couldn't imagine leaving a 65 Strat lying around for guests. :shock: As if I'd ever had the good fortune to own, or even play one.

Xplorer
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Xplorer » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:08 pm

AJW wrote:
Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:56 pm
Wow! That is a great AirBnB story, but I personally couldn't imagine leaving a 65 Strat lying around for guests. :shock: As if I'd ever had the good fortune to own, or even play one.
yes ! i was very surprised ! maybe they left some cameras when they weren't here ... and maybe they'll see me delicately play a bit this 65 strat in the sofa for 5 minutes .... ;)
i couldn't resist. + there were some other super rare beautys, even more rare .... some rare mutron effects, ts808 etc ... But i didn't touch anything when he wasn't there.