Marshall 68’ 50 watt Super Lead NOS Clone clips

Share your home builds, knock offs and ground up customs.
whopperplate

Marshall 68’ 50 watt Super Lead NOS Clone clips

Post by whopperplate » Tue May 22, 2018 1:17 am

Hello everyone,

I have been in the process of building this amp for a few years and it’s finaly completed and finalized. 1968 Marshall Super Lead with split cathode and lead spec tones tack, 47k NFB, 5000p bright cap, 470k/560p mixer, NOS mustards, nos iskras, nos rs and lemcos, salvaged vintage CTS potentiometers , genuine salvaged vintageMarshall hook up wire, genuine pink tones tack wire, NOS Erie and LCR caps, with merrenAudio transformers, and a mix of Mullards , General Electric preamp tubes and JJel34s.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b32kH_9jAvk

In this first clip I am running a 72 Les Paul custom into a echoplex, analogman sd1 tubescreamer into the high bright input with both volumes and treble dimed, mids and bass just below 4, and presence just below 8. This runs into a Weber/scumback loaded 412 and I am running a Speaker line out to another echoplex that is fed to a 100watt Super Lead clone with similar specs and components but more modern brands.

Hope y’all enjoy and thank everyone for inspiring my tonequest!

Cheers, Charlie
Musicians are like a bowl of cereal
If they aren't Fruits or Nuts they're Flakes

whopperplate

Re: Marshall 68’ 50 watt Super Lead NOS Clone clips

Post by whopperplate » Tue May 22, 2018 1:55 am

Another clip that starts clean and gets dirty.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jmtWQswUr7E

Tazin

Post by Tazin » Tue May 22, 2018 5:49 pm

whopperplate wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 1:17 am
Hello everyone,

I have been in the process of building this amp for a few years and it’s finaly completed and finalized. 1968 Marshall Super Lead with split cathode and lead spec tones tack, 47k NFB, 5000p bright cap, 470k/560p mixer, NOS mustards, nos iskras, nos rs and lemcos, salvaged vintage CTS potentiometers , genuine salvaged vintageMarshall hook up wire, genuine pink tones tack wire, NOS Erie and LCR caps, with merrenAudio transformers, and a mix of Mullards , General Electric preamp tubes and JJel34s.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b32kH_9jAvk

In this first clip I am running a 72 Les Paul custom into a echoplex, analogman sd1 tubescreamer into the high bright input with both volumes and treble dimed, mids and bass just below 4, and presence just below 8. This runs into a Weber/scumback loaded 412 and I am running a Speaker line out to another echoplex that is fed to a 100watt Super Lead clone with similar specs and components but more modern brands.

Hope y’all enjoy and thank everyone for inspiring my tonequest!

Cheers, Charlie
Sounded pretty good but you should have thrown in some rhythm parts to give the viewer a better tonal variety.

whopperplate

Post by whopperplate » Tue May 22, 2018 8:59 pm

Thank you for saying so. You are right, I will get some clips in featuring such. The whole tone test thing was an after thought when I made the video, so I will reapproach it again soon enough with a more meticulous demonstration.

Cheers :toast:

whopperplate

Post by whopperplate » Tue May 22, 2018 9:00 pm

I think I unconsciously don’t play too much rhythm because it rumbles the neighbors :lol: