Fender SuperSonic

Completed amps from Fender, Orange, Hiwatt, Vox, etc.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

md57md
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Fender SuperSonic

Post by md57md » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:44 pm

No disrespect to anyone. I own 2 SS I just sold a mesa mark 5 I had for 2weeks. I just tried the express 50 and lonestar over the last year and they don't sound as good as the SS. I gig 4 -6 times a month. I do have a problem right now with burn channel. after about 3 hours the power drops on it. I can't figure it out.
looking for suggestions I have changed the pre amp tubesto see if they were the issue.
Anyway I use 2 heads on the job. 1 SS and 1 marshall JCM 600 for a drive sound. I use an anp head switcher the radial headbone VT and I get that perfect fender clean and use the burn channel on the SS for that Layla album strat sound. When I want a great oversdrive I step on the switch to the Marshall and it gets it done. If I had to use 1 amp though it would be the ss because the drive is OK. One trick is to put a short cable inthe pre and post jacks then use the attenus to adjust. I also added tung sol ax7s to V1 and V3.
These are great amps just not out of the factory.
PS: I currently also own Prosonics, Vibro king, Tone master and a Twin and I can tell you this amp stands and exceeds them when its set right.
Sorry for rambling

amptech41

Post by amptech41 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:24 am

The supersonic is a great amp.. I have been playing for 35 years now and I have been fixing amps for 24 years. I got my hands on the "new" Supersonic 60 schematic and noticed there was only about 10 changes in parts values between the original amp I have and the new supersonic 60 amp.. I did the changes and the difference is NIGHT AND DAY. The clean channels are now balanced.. And the amp does have more bottom end on the clean channel. The reverb is also better. If you are serious about keeping your Supersonic Contact fender get the Schematic for the SS60 and make sure its for the SS60 amp not the SS. Get the SS schematic while you are at it and you can see the changes for your self.

I break the speaker in by hand using my thumb around the surround breaking down the paper but not going through it with my thumb :) I also soften the spider on the speaker by hand.

I use the following tubes

Tube amp doctor 6L6WGC
Tungsol 12AX7 for the preamp I might try something new for the overdrive channel.
I use NOS Jan Philips 12AT7 for the phase inverter and reverb.. i make sure the sections are matched for the inverter tube I deal with the tubestore.com for all my tube needs.

After the parts are changed the amp sounds great. Enjoy.
:hairband:

edge59

Post by edge59 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:22 am

Hi, I am new here to the forum and am interested in modding a Supersonic amp. Where can I get the new 60 watt schematic? I am very interested in these mods. I am considering building a G10 PTP eyelet board for my personal amp. I like the old Mesa Mark I tones and some of what I hear of the Supersonic. Can the supersonic cop vintage Mesa Mark I tones? Any info would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks
Edge59 :D

edge59

Post by edge59 » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:57 am

You say there are 10 part changes? Can you tell me where and what the values are? I have the 50 watt SS schematic, but have not been able to get the 60 watt SS schematic. I am curious if they are the same part location number with the revised part or component value installed, was there any additional changes? I understand there are 5 resistor and 5 cap changes though.
Thanks
Edge59

fillmore nyc

Post by fillmore nyc » Sun May 08, 2011 8:37 am

md57md wrote:I currently also own Prosonics, Vibro king, Tone master and a Twin and I can tell you this amp stands and exceeds them when its set right.
Im not saying you're wrong about your particular rig, but with the number of Vibro Kings I've heard and played thru, I just cannot imagine how a SuperSonic could possibly hang with a VK, unless the SS was modded pretty extensively.

I dont have any experience with a Tone Master, but I'd love to play thru one... I've heard nothing but good things about them.
:D

maltone

Re: Fender SuperSonic - Razelfrax

Post by maltone » Thu May 12, 2011 9:56 pm

Hello. Does anyone know if razelfrax is still active in the Forum. He previously made a post saying that he "basically rewired the burn channel to a real plexi spec with nos mustards", and also upgraded the OT to a Mercury Magnetics.

I sent him private message asking about his mods, but he hasn't responded yet.

Has anyone else modded their 22's burn channel to a Plexi spec? I'd like to know what that entails. Thanks.

Janglin_Jack

Post by Janglin_Jack » Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:16 pm

Does anyone know what R19 and R22 are doing in the Supersonic? R22 3.3M with C11 10pf looks similar to the Reverb Mix Circuit in Blackface Fenders. I assume changing the 3.3M R22 will increase the volume of the Vibrolux channel?? Looking to balance the volume gap between the Vibrolux and Bassman channels, (Supersonic 112) the older 60 watter. I clipped C7 bright cap and like the tones I am getting. Just want to lessen the volume difference between the Bassman and Vibrolux channels.

What is R19 120K doing on the Bassman side??

- Change C3 (ceramic 470pf/500V) to 150pf/500V or more
- Change C7 (ceramic 120pf/500) to 68pf/500V
- Change R19 (120K) to 82K
- Change R22 (3M3) to 2M

Thanks,
Mike

psychotech

Post by psychotech » Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:05 am

I have had my SS for 4 years and I keep going back to it from my 77 JMP and my 5150 (buzzbomb) and every time it amazes me. I am interested in some mods that will fix up the dynamics and sterility of the clean channel and bump the bottom ala Marshall. I play in a couple of bands and overall I really like the character of the preamp design you just have to get used to dialing the tone section and the key is using GAIN 2 for increased harmonic distortion. I put it on 10 and GAIN 1 on 6.5 for Gilmour with a Strat. The loop handles effects really well and clear plus the front end works very well with most pedals. The mids on this amp are glorious. TIP: Chinese tubes! One thing to remember also is that there is no silicon in your signal chain at all. Some amp makers say "All Tube" but you have to really study the schematic to be sure and most amps have op-amps integrated into their designs. The JMP, 5150 and SS and ProSonic are examples of true "All Tube" amps. The only thing I wish is that it had some bottom like my Marshall and that the rear panels were actually wood instead of doorskin. Kind of ridiculous for a $1300 pro tube combo. Other than that it's really a special amp and a real tank. The chassis is brutally thick and heavy. I use an Avatar 2x12 loaded with Herigtage 30 55hz with the SS 1x12 and it tightens it up and provides more soak for the power amp and gets more syrupy and thick and very loud. Unless you are playing really high gain stuff which this amp can actually do it's all a pro player needs for almost any show. I love this amp and would buy another one or a ProSonic anytime. Information about mods for this amp would be great. :worthy: :vh:

Sauerkraut
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Sauerkraut » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:21 pm

Just bought a SS112 that I like to mod to a SS60. Can anyone tell which Caps and Resistors etc. excatly need to be changed ?

Tejaus

Post by Tejaus » Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:55 pm

See this thread I started http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=42298" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

uiovbged332

Post by uiovbged332 » Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:24 pm

Nike Shoes For Women
Jordan Retros
Mid Star Golden Goose
Yeezy
Moncler Vest
Pandora
Air Jordan 12
Valentino
Mens Nike Shoes
Ferragamo
Pandora Bracelet
Nike Official Website
Balenciaga
Jordan 8
Jordans 4
Air Jordan
Air Jordans
Harden shoes
Pandora Charms Sale Clearance
Adidas NMD
Jordan Retro 3
Golden Goose Sneakers
Golden Goose Sneakers
Nike Air Max
Moncler Jackets
Pandora Jewelry
Air Force One Shoes
Nike Outlet Store
James Harden Shoes
Nike Outlet
Yeezys
Fitflops Sale Clearance
Air Jordan 4 Retro
Jordans 11 Low
GGDB Shoes
Air Jordan 3
Nike Shoes
Ferragamo
Air Jordan Sneakers
Jordan Retro
Red Bottoms Louboutin
Golden Goose Shoes Women
Nike Kyrie Irving Shoes
Jordan 6 Retro
Louboutin Shoes
Air Max 98
Jordan 11 Win Like 96
Air Jordan 12
Pandora
Air Jordan Sneakers
Air Jordan 11's
Air Jordan 6 Rings
Jordan Shoes
Nike Air Max 90
Nike Huaraches
Golden Goose Sneakers Sale
Nike Shoes
Soccer Shoes
Cheap Jordan Shoes For Women
Air Max 95
Jordan Retro 12
Jordan Retro 11
Pandora Rings
Nike Outlet
GGDB
Nike Air Max 270
Pandora
Air Jordan 6
Nike Outlet Store Online
Air Jordan 11s
Pandora Rings
Jordan 14
Air Jordan 4
ECCO Shoes For Men
Air Jordan Sneakers
Pandora Jewelry Official Site
Yeezy
Hermes Birkin
Golden Goose Outlet
Jordan Retro 11
Golden Gooses For Sale
Air Jordan 11
NMD R1
Jordan Retro 12
Cheap Jordan Shoes
New Nike Shoes
Moncler Outlet Online
Nike Shoes
Air Max 2018
Jordans 5
New Jordans 2021
Sneakers GGDB
Red Bottoms Louboutin
Adidas Yeezy Boost 350
Jordan 11 For Sale
Pandora Canada
Louboutin shoes
Moncler Jackets
Jordan Shoes Retro
Air Jordan Shoes
New Jordans 2018
Jordan 5
Jordan 11
Nike Outlet Shoes
Nike Sale
Jordan 11
Jordan 1
Moncler Store
Yeezys
Jordan 4
Jordan 11 Red
Air Jordan Sneakers
Moncler Jackets
Golden Goose Outlet
Moncler Jacket
Pandora Charms
Jordan 11
Jordan Retro 10
Moncler Coats
Air Jordan 9
Retro Jordans
Pandora Jewelry
Air Jordan 5 Retro
Pandora Jewelry
Golden Goose Sale
Fjallraven Kanken
Nike Snkrs Website
Balenciaga Triple S
Fitflop Shoes
Nike Air Force 1
Jordans Sneakers
Jordans 13
Red Bottom Shoes
Adidas Yeezy
Jordans Retro
Moncler Coat

jack1999

Post by jack1999 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:21 am

Hi, if you haven't found the answer yet, I think you can go to our website https://www.heisener.com/ to make a consultation, there are professional customer service to help you solve any problem you have.

jack1999

Post by jack1999 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:30 am

Hi, if you haven't found the answer yet, I think you can go to our website https://www.heisener.com/ to make a consultation, there are professional customer service to help you solve any problem you have.

jack1999

Post by jack1999 » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:31 am