Mouradian Amplifiers

Completed amps from Fender, Orange, Hiwatt, Vox, etc.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Lefty Lou
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Mouradian Amplifiers

Post by Lefty Lou » Sat Aug 11, 2012 3:08 pm

Thank You BrianH, you answered Peter's question perfectly. The way my brain's been working lately, I probably couldn't even remember the word "figuratively". In all fairness to Peter however, I would like to hear from anyone out there who has pursued this issue further and gotten somewhere in their search for this guy whoever he is. I'll just bet he's used several alias's during his lifetime.

Smash

Post by Smash » Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:13 pm

Hey, y'all! Reading all this...geez...what a mess. I'm sorry for everyone who got taken in by this guy.

I did feel that I had to join the forum just for one reason--> There's a place Mouradian Guitars in Winchester, MA that is NOT AFFILIATED with Mouradian Amplifiers in any way. Jim & Jon Mouradian at Mouradian Guitars are the nicest, most reputable guys around. I've taken stuff to them for 20+ years and they are hands-down the best luthiers/repairmen in the business. I don't want anyone to think they're affiliated, OK? Like I said, this was so important for me that I had to join the forum just to say this. They're that good. Y'know? I didn't want anyone to make that mistake.

Anyhow...that's my contribution. Thanks!

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Fri Aug 17, 2012 11:30 pm

Hey Smash, welcome aboard buddy. If most other Metro members are regular web cruisers like myself, then they are most likely aware and acquainted with the two separate businesses which are not the same. I'm very glad that you posted and mentioned this fact for those here on the forum who are not aware of the two distinctly separate entities. I sincerely hope that someone gets to the bottom of these atrocities, and can offer us all a report on the status of Mouradian Amps.

out of focus

Post by out of focus » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:26 pm

I sold my 45/100 clone to him back in 2008/2009. Then a couple months later it was for sale on the Mouradian website making it sound like he built it.. He wanted twice what he gave me for it and what really pissed me off was he even used the pictures that I took of said amp in my parents backyard..

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:32 pm

out of focus wrote:I sold my 45/100 clone to him back in 2008/2009. Then a couple months later it was for sale on the Mouradian website making it sound like he built it.. He wanted twice what he gave me for it and what really pissed me off was he even used the pictures that I took of said amp in my parents backyard..
After all the shit that I've found out that he's pulled, I wouldn't have expected any less from him. What one would have to wonder is, "Did I get paid with stolen money from other customers?" If so, then that is below contempt.

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:37 pm

SteadyEddie wrote:
BrianH wrote: He sounded quite out of it and exhausted, said he had had some health issues. Maybe a stroke?
Maybe the stroke affected the part of his brain that handles ethical behavior and morals. I'm not joking. I've heard of brain injuries doing that.
The only thing with stroke or brain injuries is that to truly get away with a crime it requires a certain amount of intellect to pull it off. A stroke or brain injury by their very nature wouldn't allow for this, and for the time being (Jack/John) is getting away with it. As the old saying goes, "you can run but you can't hide" especially with worldwide TV coverage being what it is. I know of a guy that was working underneath a car when it rolled and the engine landed ontop of the side of his head which required him to have plates surgically emplanted in his head. This guy became a crack addict and a molester of women and children, he also ended up in prison which shows he didn't have the cunning and intellect to get away with it thank goodness. He should have been remanded to a psych ward.

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Thu Oct 04, 2012 6:33 pm

Has anyone ever seen or met Jack McCallister of Mouradian Amps ? If so please take a look at this website in the upper right corner to verify or discount the picture as being Jack, and leave your impressions. Thanks again.

http://www.forevermissed.com/jack-mccallister/#about" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stratocastermojo

Post by stratocastermojo » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:21 pm

Bumping this thread up to the top again. I have been trying to track Jack down now for a year. He owes me over $2k on an amp he never delivered. Nobody can track him down etc etc. Would like to know if he is actually deceased or not. I have tried every phone number and e-mail address I had for him with no luck.

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:48 am

One day I was talking to Patrick Selfridge at Mercury Magnetics over the phone, and he said that Mercury Magnetics were called to testify against Jack in a court case with Heyboer Transformers as the plaintiff and Jack as the defendant. Apparently Jack was given a revolving charge account with Heyboer and didn't pay on his account. Also, Jack had informed a customer of his that Mercury Magnetics had rewound that customer's transformer(s). Mercury Magnetics never rewound said transformer(s) however, if any transformer rewinding was EVER? undertaken then it is extremely likely that the job was performed by Heyboer, and not by Mercury Magnetics. Long story short, if anyone knows how to get ahold of Jack it would be Mercury Magnetics or Heyboer Transformers.

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:39 pm

For those looking for Jack McCallister of Mouradian Amps, I believe he's the one who's making these motherboards on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marshall-JTM45- ... 4173e85acb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AND

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marshall-JTM45- ... 4173e85acb" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These turret boards and parts (selection/make) have Jack's name all over them. Especially the .018uF mustard caps used instead of the .022uF caps that some Marshall circuits call for. The exact same boards (and coloration) as used in Mouradian amps and upgrades when Jack was operating his business. Since Jack had to go underground because of his business dealings, he's still got to make money somehow. The stuffed circuit boards with the exact same parts were Jack's "calling card" for Mouradian Amps.

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Thu Jun 20, 2013 11:50 pm

Good call. I'm not happy to see my old board diagram in his listing either. That's not public domain.

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Fri Jun 21, 2013 3:46 am

VelvetGeorge wrote:Good call. I'm not happy to see my old board diagram in his listing either. That's not public domain.

George
I still don't understand it. The guy had everything going for him, he did some excellent work (when he delivered) but he decided to go rogue or, "off the range" as some agencies prefer to say.

Lefty Lou

Post by Lefty Lou » Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:37 pm

I also wonder if Jack is behind this eBay auction ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/Marshall-1966-J ... 27d3f176b7" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ) The owner claims to use Chris ****** transformers in the eBay auctioned JTM 45/100 head, and live only 47 miles away from Spring Hill, FL (Jack's last known whereabouts). As has been previously stated, Jack McCallister was in the habit of forging Chris ******'s name on the paper bobbins of Heyboer transformers and passing them off as ****** transformers and upcharging for forged items.
Last edited by Lefty Lou on Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

demonufo

Post by demonufo » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:42 pm

And we all know how hard it is to get transformers out of Chris at the moment. :(
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!

jimmyride

Post by jimmyride » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:39 pm

demonufo wrote:And we all know how hard it is to get transformers out of Chris at the moment. :(
Really? Why?