'59 Bassman Replica

Completed amps from Fender, Orange, Hiwatt, Vox, etc.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Dax-The-Ax

'59 Bassman Replica

Post by Dax-The-Ax » Thu Oct 10, 2013 7:04 pm

I'm bumming again!! My Bassman is down again!! It is a handwired '59 Bassman with all high quality components, everything has been upgraded, Merc Transformers, frickin' Top of the line speakers and capacitors etc... I haven't played it in about 2 months, I have been moving. Fired it up to play a festival last week and it hums like crazy. was fine at the old house. took out tubes, changed tubes, still hums. How do I figure out if it is a transformer, filter caps etc... Thanks

Dax

Dax-The-Ax

Re: '59 Bassman Replica

Post by Dax-The-Ax » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:18 pm

Although I noticed a ground wire attached to my Master Volume Pot came off, could this have fried a tranny? Here is a pic of part of the guts.
Attachments
Bassman Board.jpg
(96.42 KiB) Downloaded 768 times

alexradium
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by alexradium » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:37 am

Dax-The-Ax wrote:Although I noticed a ground wire attached to my Master Volume Pot came off, could this have fried a tranny? Here is a pic of part of the guts.
how is that MV wired?
If you experience hum,it could be either a bad connection,a tube,or a bad ground system where you are powering it,or some other piece of equipment like stage lights radiating in the circuit.

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Tue Oct 15, 2013 9:43 am

If one wire has come adrift highly likely another has done the same somewhere, if it hums now and did not before you have to think a ground wire somewhere.
Neil

Lefty Lou
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Lefty Lou » Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:35 pm

Hey Dax-The-Ax, what are the brand of polarized orange electrolytic caps as seen in your 59' Bassman Replica amp? Are they NOS caps?