Stage Hog mini amp with block letter Distortion +

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

cary chilton

Stage Hog mini amp with block letter Distortion +

Post by cary chilton » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:52 am

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... did=516588

guitar, swamp ash G&L with single coils

I could have tightened the bass up, by lowering the level on the mxr a bit, but this was my first first to use the 2 pedals together.

cary chilton

Post by cary chilton » Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:48 am

more clips added, tweaks to mxr and FMD boost pedal into SH for a comparsion

harddriver

Post by harddriver » Mon Dec 03, 2007 3:00 am

I thought it sounded really good Cary, I have an 8 watt single ended plexi like the stage hog that I slave to a bassman. While I feel they do a pretty good job they seem to lack the low end projection of a 50 or 100 watt amp. YMMV

When get some time I'll try to record a clip of it.

cary chilton

Post by cary chilton » Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:45 am

yeah, of course they lack that "ummphf" but they sound pretty great. I was pleased with these clips. I could add fake "ummphf" with the Roland Cube -that it is reamped into), but it becomes a fine line between more bass harmonics on the fundemental frequencies versus blanketed sounding... So posted these clips with the bass pretty dialed out, aimed for max clarity with distortion. I can still tweak to a little more bass, maybe I will posted some more if I have time.

cary chilton

Post by cary chilton » Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:58 pm

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... did=516588

New clips, old ones deleted. This time mic'd with a 57 and Royer 121. I used a med plate verb instead instead of a long and rest is the same: no EQ plugs or compressors -just reverb, limiter ( bring up level) and dither.
Also each song is one take, for tuning reasons, after the wild dives I needed to retune my strat before going to the next song.

I think this sound MUCH better, esp for pedals and a strat! Enjoy.