Alesis Microverb through effects loop

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Alesis Microverb through effects loop

Post by JimiJames » Sat Jan 04, 2014 2:36 pm

Dusted off my Alesis Microverb and thought I'd give it a try. Picked it up in the early '90's while working at a music store. Alesis was huge at the time with their Quadraverb...
Anyways... KILLER !
Much better than any of my reverb pedals and sits atop any head nicely being a ⅓ space !
ImageImageImage

Overall totally happy with it through the SDM/Metro Zero-loss Effects loop !
I set it a hair over unity gain and unlike my pedals, the reverb doesn't washout my notes and/or sound.
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

Tone Slinger

Re: Alesis Microverb through effects loop

Post by Tone Slinger » Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Man I remember those :D . I remember that those and the ADA Mp-1 were all the rage in the early '90's. The Quadroverb was the more expensive brother to the Microverb. I remember putting a microverb along with some other stuff on lay-a-way back in '91.
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

JimiJames

Post by JimiJames » Sat Jan 04, 2014 5:16 pm

yeayea, I recommend this now, TS !
After A/B with pedals the sound comparison is h u g e !
They're cheap too ! (No likey, no prob, sell. No great loss...)
If you like a reverb on all the time this is the way to go if you have an effects loop !
Soo much depth now, man! (together with echo :wink: ). Verb pedals bah-bye ! (atleast for this setup, that is)

Doesn't look bad sitting on top, either ?!
...now then, if I can get that variac up & runnin' & install a receptacle, I'll be ready for the next move; which is dialing
in some new Tones with this thing.

Still testing (qualified) pickups to get that Basswood (hanging on the wall there in that pic) to do what I need it to do. Most to date, still have to sound as good as an ole DSD. mightymike's suggestion to match up a pickup to Basswood with either Peavey or Fender EVH pickups was eye-opening and had common sense approach.
Already field tested ! :evh:
Sounds simple really, but still has to gel with my stuff... Crossin' my fingers :shred:
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

Tone Slinger

Post by Tone Slinger » Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:34 pm

I'll say it again, those HM strats are the coolest looking top loaded strat style guitars I've ever seen. Maybe I can get one with a 1 5/8ths nut and a 25 1/2 scale length made one day ? Is that electrical tape on yours or did you paint them on. The black face of the head stock looks totally sweet.Having the 'right' reverb with your amp gain is the ticket. I remember the Alesis verb as being the shit. It was Alex Skulnick with Testament on the 'Souls Of Black' tour that made me go out and get one(Alesis). He had an ADA-MP1, which I already had.He got One of the BEST live tones I've ever heard. I couldnt swing the quadroverb but was told the microverb had some of the same verbs.

As far as pick ups go,Have you tried a Duncan 'Custom Custom' ?
Rip Ben Wise (StuntDouble) & Mark Abrahamian (Rockstah)

rgorke

Post by rgorke » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Yeah, a buddy had the quadraverb and it was cool doing a ping pong delay too.

Lets hear some clippies!!! You could make it foot switchable using a little looper pedal, no?
"If you make a mistake, do it twice and smile and let people think you meant it." Jan Van Halen.

jnew

Post by jnew » Sun Jan 12, 2014 2:06 pm

I remember the mid and late 80's on Sunset strip when EVERY BAND IN LA was on the Alesis band wagon. The whole club circuit was a "Cathedral" from those things. Althought they always got reviews, I just remember thinking "why does everyone have the thing on max hall or stadium or whatever big ass, setting?". :lol: Might be fun to have one now though. Certainly have learned a lot since then. Would love to hear some clipage there JimiJames.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xplorer
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Xplorer » Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:34 am

Oh yes, me too ! Dry / wet. This would be cool. I came accross this topic and it made me want to get one.