Signal Routing for Two Amp Rig

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

sixpakldp
Just the numbers in order: 7

Signal Routing for Two Amp Rig

Post by sixpakldp » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:49 pm

I have two amps that I would like to use in a live scenario, Metro 100 W for dirty sounds and a Fender Twin for Clean. I have a pedal board with two loops:

Here is my normal signal chain with just my Metro 100 W

Loop 1: Wah, Tubescreamer, OCD, Tuner-This loop typically goes to the front of my amp
Loop 2: Phase 90, Chorus (or Flanger sometimes), Reverb, Delay-This loop typically goes into the FX loop of my metro

If I add an A/B switcher to select amplifiers, and add the Fender Twin, Loop 2 will only be available on the Metro. I could run 1 Loop and split the signal after my pedal board to the separate amps. The reverb pedal would only be needed on the metro and could be run direct to the FX loop of the metro since it would be on all the time. The Phase 90 and the Chorus usually seem to be able to be set an equal levels through the front of the Metro and the Fender, so no problem there.

The delay is where things get tricky. If I run this in front of the Metro it's going to be uncontrollable unless I cut the level way back and on the fender it will be too low of a level to sound right. I guess I could buy another delay, put one in the fx loop of the metro and one in the loop straight into the front of the amps.

But I would believe there is someone else out there who is doing the same as me and has a good solution. Any advice?