Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Clyde Mccoy Wah Circuit Board

Post by axeman » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:04 pm

Who's Joe Gagan

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:15 pm

check his fuzz and wahs builds on youtube. he invented the easy face for example. very popular.

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:24 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1vY8QhJ ... A&index=60" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:29 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3En_6pGevE0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VintageCharlie

Post by VintageCharlie » Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:51 pm

The cap you were initially asking about, is a Ducati (made in Italy) .01uF 125v radial polystyrene cap. They can be found in Italian, British (italian made) equipment, mostly in JMI stuff. Never seen them NOS.

axeman

Post by axeman » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:58 am

If you find some send them this way. BTW Joe Gagan is a talented man with awesome tone skills. Good Ear!

joegagan

Post by joegagan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:42 pm

hi guys! thanks for the nice mentions.

axeman i recognize your build pics fgrom your email. i now realize you were talking about the RV4NAYFD104A,which is linear taper. it is not going to sweep the full range of wah sweep due to the approx.165 - 170 degree rotational ability of the crybaby rack and gear.

even if you went radical and made alonger rack gear and modded the treadle to get full rotation of the pot, you still ave a problem as it isn't good to put that much torque on the pots internal stop ( you have to go stop to stop on lin pot to get full sweep.

this is one of the reasons that a lot of the common tapering tricks ( resistors across lugs to alter taper) doesn't work. even when you change the sweep, you still need to run the pot damn near its full rotation , same stop problem listed above.

believe me, i have tried. i even tried cutting a 1 meg lin down to 50k 'weird log" and using for wah, it still doesn't get it. you get a fast rise to approx 90% of rotation , but you need to go almost to the stop to get 100% of R.

i sell log taper PEC 100k that looks just like the one in axeman's pic. i set them up with special thin washers and dunlop standard wah gear, 14 bucks each if anyone needs one. they sound and work great in wahs. also stock other wah pots, but the PEC is the best right now, very durable. shoot me a message!
joegagan@gmail.com

joegagan

Post by joegagan » Sun Mar 24, 2013 11:48 pm

hi guys! thanks for the nice mentions.

axeman i recognize your build pics fgrom your email. i now realize you were talking about the RV4NAYFD104A,which is linear taper. it is not going to sweep the full range of wah sweep due to the approx.165 - 170 degree rotational ability of the crybaby rack and gear.

even if you went radical and made alonger rack gear and modded the treadle to get full rotation of the pot, you still ave a problem as it isn't good to put that much torque on the pots internal stop ( you have to go stop to stop on lin pot to get full sweep.

this is one of the reasons that a lot of the common tapering tricks ( resistors across lugs to alter taper) doesn't work. even when you change the sweep, you still need to run the pot damn near its full rotation , same stop problem listed above.

believe me, i have tried. i even tried cutting a 1 meg lin down to 50k 'weird log" and using for wah, it still doesn't get it. you get a fast rise to approx 90% of rotation , but you need to go almost to the stop to get 100% of R.

i sell log taper PEC 100k that looks just like the one in axeman's pic. i set them up with special thin washers and dunlop standard wah gear, 14 bucks each if anyone needs one. they sound and work great in wahs. also stock other wah pots, but the PEC is the best right now, very durable. shoot me a message!
joegagan@gmail.com

Xplorer

Post by Xplorer » Mon Mar 25, 2013 4:41 pm

Hi Joe ! Nice to see you here :toast:

Adrien

axeman

Post by axeman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:29 pm

Joe I thought that Log and 100K-A are the same thing? Post a picture of the pot you are talking about

joegagan

Post by joegagan » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:14 pm

axeman, in the PEC RV4 series A is the designator for linear. C or D are log, D or E is rev log

where it gets screwy is in the commercial K series, which is identical specs but in the civilian version.
in K:
U=lin
A= log
B= rev log.

axeman

Post by axeman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:27 pm

Thanks Joe. Hey Joe do mine starting a thread on the basics of Wah's? I think the will dig that and for sure lopk your way when it comes to parts and mods. Anyways that would be Cool.

SteadyEddie

Post by SteadyEddie » Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:53 pm

axeman wrote:Thanks Joe. Hey Joe do mine starting a thread on the basics of Wah's? I think the will dig that and for sure lopk your way when it comes to parts and mods. Anyways that would be Cool.
I think Joe would first refer you to here: http://www.geofex.com/article_folders/w ... wahped.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Everything you ever wanted to know about wahs but were afraid to ask...

Hey Joe! Ed Guidry here. I quit dicking around with the pedals, moved on to amps ...

axeman

Post by axeman » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:04 pm

I actually invited him over here stedyeddie so he could be an active member. :shock: