BOSS CH1 TICKING

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Coot Boy
Just the numbers in order: 7

BOSS CH1 TICKING

Post by Coot Boy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:33 pm

I just bought this CH1 off the bay and it ticks in relation to the rate knob. This has been addressed before on the boss forum but it's no longer up so I'm just hoping someone can help, is there anything I can do to fix it or is it kaput. It's the blue label analog one if that matters.Cheers.

54strat

Re: BOSS CH1 TICKING

Post by 54strat » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:58 am

Man I'd be interested in this also. I have a CH-1 that "ticks" with the Rate knob as well. Really kind of a lower motorboat thing going on. I didn't really notice it until I changed a resistor to increase (double) the available rate speed. Checked my lead dress, solder connections....it's not real bad and I don't notice it on stage, just in the quite of my house...but I know its there :scratch: What's also weird is that it is most noticeable with the old Marshall, less noticeable with my valve/state combo, and doesn't do it at all with my Fender Pro-Jr...so I may be looking for the problem in the wrong place.

I love the Rate mod though; cranked up I can get sort of a Stevie Ray "Couldn't Stand The Weather" thing going on; about half way up and punched with a Tube Screamer I get a "Bridge Of Sighs" vibe happening.
73 Marshall 1987
76 Marshall 1936 cab w/Celestion V-30's
54 Fender Stratocaster hardtail
87 Fender Stratocaster

Coot Boy

Re: BOSS CH1 TICKING

Post by Coot Boy » Sat May 19, 2012 12:36 am

I was not able to get any help from anywhere with this pos, the seller called me a liar n said it was working perfectly when he tested it, oh I'm sure. I lodged a paypal dispute and you wouldn't believe it, they found in my favor. So the ticking box is on it's way back to the jerkoff that sold it. I'm not into chorus anyway, I just wanted to use it as a stereo thingy but it screws with the sound even when off. Won't get another one of these CH1s.