reverb (run in front, no loop)

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

garbeaj
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: reverb (run in front, no loop)

Post by garbeaj » Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:58 pm

908ssp wrote:Most if not all digital effects rack pieces have the option of turning the dry signal down or completely off allowing only the effected reverb/delay signal through to the second amp. It is best if you can feed the output of the effect unit into a power amp or effects return of an amp so it doesn't go through the preamp section but if you're careful with your adjustments to keep the signal in the preamp low and clean you can get away with it.
So how would I make this happen with my two amps...the Marshall Mod5 and my old Super Reverb? No effects loop or any preamp section in my Super Reverb...

Can I get a signal path diagram like Guitar>Marshall>Reverb effect>send>return>Super Reverb...etc. something like this?

Twistingcrow

Post by Twistingcrow » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:42 am

garbeaj wrote:Can I get a signal path diagram like Guitar>Marshall>Reverb effect>send>return>Super Reverb...etc. something like this?
Why don't you use the SR as your wet amp and your Marshall as your dry amp? The Reverb will sound good and will not be drowned as such... Then get yourself a Lehle Dual SgoS ABY box (great great box!) and blend the two signals to taste...

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:55 am

Twistingcrow wrote:
garbeaj wrote:Can I get a signal path diagram like Guitar>Marshall>Reverb effect>send>return>Super Reverb...etc. something like this?
Why don't you use the SR as your wet amp and your Marshall as your dry amp? The Reverb will sound good and will not be drowned as such... Then get yourself a Lehle Dual SgoS ABY box (great great box!) and blend the two signals to taste...
That's what I try to do, but you can still hear my clunky clean tone coming through the Super Reverb...I just want the reverb only coming out at essentially the same volume as the Marshall a la a reasonable facsimile of the VH-1 sound in my bedroom or a small club. I Googled that box, but it seems like just an A/B box with a level/blend control. How do you get the reverb only a second amp without the straight guitar signal?

908ssp
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by 908ssp » Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:34 am

The Marshall goes directly to the speaker cab or attenuator then speaker cab. The line out either from the Marshall or the attenuator's line out goes to the ambiance effect. You turn the wet sound up and the dry pass through down and that goes to your second amp. You might need a line level to instrument level box if you can't get a good tone going in the front of the amp or if the amp doesn't have an effects in or loop.

garbeaj

Post by garbeaj » Thu Nov 01, 2012 12:05 pm

908ssp wrote:The Marshall goes directly to the speaker cab or attenuator then speaker cab. The line out either from the Marshall or the attenuator's line out goes to the ambiance effect. You turn the wet sound up and the dry pass through down and that goes to your second amp. You might need a line level to instrument level box if you can't get a good tone going in the front of the amp or if the amp doesn't have an effects in or loop.
So I guess I need this "line level to instrument box" because there is no effects loop or line out in either my Marshall or my Super Reverb and I don't have an attenuator.

I have a 2 x 12 Marshall combo with Mod5:

And a 4 x 10 1965 Fender Super Reverb:

Ideally I would love to be able to get the spring reverb sound only out of my Super Reverb and have the sound of the Marshall Mod5, but if I need a reverb effect of some sort to make this happen I'll take that if it will get me closer to the VH-1 reverb territory.

P.S. Thanks for bearing with me because I know fuck all about amps :palm: