Echoplex EP-3 Help

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Tazin

Echoplex EP-3 Help

Post by Tazin » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:03 pm

I have two EP-3 Echoplex's, and one is a fairly early model from approximately 1970 and the other is a clone of the 1970 unit I made. Unlike most of the slightly later models my 1970 unit has a 2-conductor power; verse the typical 3-conductor cord; and has had the plug end of the cord replaced with a 'universal' non-polarity plug (like a lamp plug if you will). Currently, my clone EP-3 is wired up the same way but I'd like to change it over to a 3-pronged plug instead. My question is can someone check their EP-3 and tell me where the nuetral on the power chord connects to? Is it the switch on the Sustain pot or the circuit breaker?

For those of you which are unfamilar with 120vac household wiring here's some basics. The system consists of three wires: a Black wire (Line, Hot, Common), a White wire (Nuetral), and a Ground wire (Bare copper or Green). On a typical 3-pronged receptical (wall outlet) the Nuetral side of the receptical is the longer slot.

Tazin

Re: Echoplex EP-3 Help

Post by Tazin » Fri Oct 19, 2012 10:33 am

Thanks to member 'V8' we've figured out the answer to my question. Just in case anyone else is interested, the Neutral conductor of the power cord connects to the switch on the Sustain pot.