8 channel tube head and cab seletor questions

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

AURORA4DTH
Just the numbers in order: 13492

8 channel tube head and cab seletor questions

Post by AURORA4DTH » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:40 am

I am looking Looking for an Ampeg System Selector or something compatable but i have some questions on these things.
I have MANY heads I need to connect at one time. This seems to be the only reasonable option. Keep in mind they are Guitar Tube heads.

The ampeg selector has two inputs for tube head. All other 6 are not. The speaker outputs run into the selector as well as the cabs. The selector lets you dial any combo you want. i just plug in my guitar to any head i want.
I only ever use one head at a time in the studio so my amps dont have to see a load all the time. Can i use that ampeg switcher all 8 inputs with tube heads if i am only using one cab at a time. No other heads turned on other than the one I am using. Also i always use the same cab so whatever head that i would be using would automatically be hooked up to the cab.

For example.

All 8 inputs on the selector would be used from the tube amp heads outputs but only one output would be used on the selector for the cab. So the cab selector just stays in position one while i switch between heads, never leaving any head in on mode if it are not being used. So will i run any risk in damaging my tube heads using it this way?

As long as one of the non tube inputs has a load on the other end when I turn the head on and select it i am thinking it should be fine.

Thoughts??

Also if any of you can make me this type of box PLEASE let me know. I need one yesterday.

Thanx