The first 24 Schaffer Replica™ Gold Tag Units To Be Shipped

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

SoloDallas
Just the numbers in order: 7

The first 24 Schaffer Replica™ Gold Tag Units To Be Shipped

Post by SoloDallas » Fri Dec 27, 2013 9:56 am

The first batch of 25 Schaffer Replica™ Gold Tag Edition (signed by the original inventor, Ken Schaffer) are being shipped out. A project that took us 2 years of work and plenty of funds to accomplish has finally come to its final stage: users (customers).

I am fond and happy.

Now, I also want to inform you - dear Metroamp forum reader and fellow player that the first of such units (serial 001) is going direct to... Angus Young, with a letter of Ken Schaffer (who used to be friends with him) and myself.
We will most likely never hear from him, but we do not care. This is a must for me. He's my hero since I was 10 (now 45).

Very shortly on what the original Schaffer-Vega Diversity was: the first professional wireless system, in 1976. Used by many rock stars of the era.

But what I really found out is how it profoundly influenced Angus Young's sound from 1977 to at least 1984.
If you ever "complained" how Angus Young's style of playing changed at some point in the 1980s, it could well also have been due to Angus ceasing use of the SVDS. The Schaffer-Vega Diversity System in fact sported a powerful clean boost and a built in compressor, that Angus heavily used to his advantage for many, historical years.

If you ever liked the sounds of Powerage, Highway To Hell, Back in Black, For Those About To Rock and Flick of the Switch and ever wondered how Angus got his fat, sustained and at the same time CLEAN lead sound, that was thanks to the SVDS.

Here to you, assembler shop with the first 25 units of the ready to be shipped Schaffer Replica™ units.

Happy Holidays.

SD!

tsr2-4 by SoloDallas, on Flickr

Roe

Re: The first 24 Schaffer Replica™ Gold Tag Units To Be Ship

Post by Roe » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:50 pm

nice! I'd be somewhat surprised if you hear anything from the bros though
http://www.myspace.com/20bonesband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/prostitutes" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Super 100 amps: 1202-119 & 1202-84
JTM45 RS OT JTM50 JMP50 1959/2203/34/39

SoloDallas

Re: The first 24 Schaffer Replica™ Gold Tag Units To Be Ship

Post by SoloDallas » Fri Dec 27, 2013 12:54 pm

Roe wrote:nice! I'd be somewhat surprised if you hear anything from the bros though
Will never hear anything from them that rests pretty much assured.

However Roe, this having been really a main element of Angus' sound (even he admitted to it on at least two interviews) and him having been a former friend of Ken Schaffer's, the dream could even be to sell the whole project to them.

Or interested parties for sponsorship etc. It will never happen - look at me in the eye - however one can dream, no?
If anything, we're having a paid blast producing these!

:rock: