Hooking up Amps

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

bobtec
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Hooking up Amps

Post by bobtec » Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:29 pm

How do guys like Joe Perry hook all those amps up when they play live..The only way I have seen is the "Hendrix" way. chain them up. Do they use huge splitter boxes...The only one I see is the Radial Tonebone ampswitcher I want to run my old bandmaster with my SLP 100watt...worry about phase problems

garbeaj

Re: Hooking up Amps

Post by garbeaj » Sun Jul 03, 2016 6:32 pm

I'm not familiar with Joe Perry's setup, but I do know that Mike Campbell of The Heartbreakers and Billy Gibbons among many others have huge walls of heads and cabs onstage but their sound comes from one or two mic'ed small combo amps that have nothing to do with what is onstage.

Yngwie surely can and often does run multiple heads depending on the venue or his whim. I'm sure there are some amp gurus here that have suggestions for multiple amp setups. The Tonebone would be what I would have suggested.

Haze13

Re: Hooking up Amps

Post by Haze13 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:10 am

And Of of course there are wet/dry signal from modulation effects. Each one of the outputs have it's own amp. :)

Some guitarist have a Iso-cab behind behind the "Wall Of Marshalls" and that's the sound that crowd hear. The "Wall of Marshalls" is just fro a guitarist and mojo :) More or less like "If I have them, why not to use them?".
Nowadays you don't need a big amp to play on a stadium. Fender Champ with one 6V6GT is enough. It will be miced and then amplified by PA systems...