one spot

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Tone seaker
Just the numbers in order: 7

one spot

Post by Tone seaker » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:19 pm

just curious what you all think about the one spot 9V power wall wart for powering my entire pedal board. Thks

Retsoor
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: one spot

Post by Retsoor » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:43 pm

The 1Spot is at first glance a good and cheap solution to a multi pedal board. However, believe it or not, a 9VDC supply like the single 1Spot can cause 9VDC GROUND LOOPS between pedals. This is something you thought was only possible with multiple AC amp use but now you know otherwise. So you need an isolated 9VDC supply or at least many 9V split Y cables with only one ground path of the 9V connected. The reality is the ground of your guitar cables (between the pedals) serves as a conductor of the 9V ground going to your pedals. If all your 9V cables (positive and negative) connections are made, then your guitar cables between your pedals are also conducting a ground reference and therefore NOISE. It's science.

Tone seaker
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Tone seaker » Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:25 pm

Retsoor wrote:
Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:43 pm
The 1Spot is at first glance a good and cheap solution to a multi pedal board. However, believe it or not, a 9VDC supply like the single 1Spot can cause 9VDC GROUND LOOPS between pedals. This is something you thought was only possible with multiple AC amp use but now you know otherwise. So you need an isolated 9VDC supply or at least many 9V split Y cables with only one ground path of the 9V connected. The reality is the ground of your guitar cables (between the pedals) serves as a conductor of the 9V ground going to your pedals. If all your 9V cables (positive and negative) connections are made, then your guitar cables between your pedals are also conducting a ground reference and therefore NOISE. It's science.
I had to stop using my 1spot becuase of the noise. Is there a way to get rid of the noise because it works great but noisy thks

harleytech

Post by harleytech » Tue Dec 22, 2020 7:32 pm

I have one the multiple one I think it has like 12 spots.. Mine is good - no noise... I love it !

Bjorn218

Post by Bjorn218 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 12:15 pm

I use the One Spot CS12, best board power device I have come across. The single unit you are asking about works well if its only powering one pedal and its in the same circuit that the rest of your rig is on.

bobtec

Post by bobtec » Sat May 08, 2021 6:15 pm

I am using one and so far it is OK but I only have 4 Boss pedals hooked to it The rest have there own PSA I is a hit and miss,Unless you pay for a pro rig Youll have trouble sometimes Go to You Tube and watch Z Vex he will answer you back sometimes