Pedal Board Build.

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

revolver1
Just the numbers in order: 7

Pedal Board Build.

Post by revolver1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:48 am

I went with Poplar plywood, its a bit more expensive like Baltic Birch but it has the advantage of being very light and very strong. I got it delivered cut in to two sheets so It was bigger than what I needed but smaller than a full size sheet for easier handling and I couldn't believe how light it is.

I didn't have all the pedals to hand when I started so I had to have an educated guess at the size of it.
So I set about marking it up for cutting out.

revolver1

Re: Pedal Board Build.

Post by revolver1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:53 am

Fast forward, after cutting it out I sanded it all up drilled the pilot holes and counter sunk the screws, then I put it together for a test fit.

revolver1

Post by revolver1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:05 am

So the decks are Poplar Ply but the sides and middle support are just regular Pine. Its still incredibly light though.

I then took it apart, Painted it Matt black. I then glued the hook side of the widest hook and loop Velcro I could get to the bottom deck. I then screwed the sides and mid support to the bottom deck and fitted the trim to the top deck then fitted the top deck to the supports. I then glued the Velcro to the top deck. The trim is angle aluminium that I mitered and fixed with small screws from underneath.

revolver1

Post by revolver1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:10 am

I fitted small rubber feet to the underside.

I fitted a One Spot power supply and a Lehle P split (passive signal splitter) in the space underneath.

revolver1

Post by revolver1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:04 am

A patch of loop Velcro glued to the bottom of the pedals keeps them in place, they aren't going anywhere. I also used Velcro loops to bundle and hold in place long cable runs.

I made all the cabling for the board and my whole rig out of high quality studio cable its German, made by Sommer its called the spirit XXL. Its AWG 19 or 0.75mm2 it has the largest core possible to fit the Neutric jacks for the least resistance to the signal. All the jacks are labeled for each connection.

The signal chain goes Guitar cable into Analog.man Sun Lion then to Stuart Castledine Clyde MCoy Wah into Analog.man Maxon OD9 modded to true bypass TS808. It then goes to the Loopmaster Loop Switcher, there's a tuner out that mutes the signal to the rig for tuning but keeps it out of the chain when not in use the tuner is a Sonic Research.

The first loop has an Analog.man Sun Face Silicon Fuzz into an Analog.man Beano Boost.
The second loop has the Fulltone Soul Bender into the Fulltone Full-Drive 2, the Full-Drive 2 operates on 18v from the One Spot.
The third loop has the MXR Script Logo Phase 90.
Fourth loop is the MJM Uni Vibe, that runs on 18v from the One Spot. I got an Erni Ball VPJR Volume Pedal and modified it to work as a speed pedal for the Vibe. I found instructions to do this from Analog Mike on his Analog.man web site.
There is an aluminium block inside that unscrews and the regular pot fits to this. The pot I needed to fit had a shorter threaded collar so I reamed it out with a drill bit that was wider than the nut. It still left plenty of meat to solidly fix the new pot.

There is one spare loop on the looper pedal for future use.
So the signal then comes out of the looper and into a Lehle passive signal splitter mounted under the top deck this then splits the signal one to the electro-harmonix HolyGrail reverb and the other to the Analog.man dual analog delay ARDX20.

I then run two cables back to my amps, they both go into a Lehle DC filter each and then straight into the front of each amp.

Both amps have an Aracom power attenuator just to take the edge off in smaller settings and then in to a StoneAge custom oversized 2x12 each.

One cab has 2 x Scumbacks 1, 55hz and 1, 75hz. And the other cab has a Celestion Marshall V30 and a G12T75.

revolver1

Post by revolver1 » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:08 am

Eventually I want to get a flight case custom built for it so the lid is on the bottom and you can just flip the butterfly catches and take off the sides and top off in one go. It won't cost that much but will make transport so much easier plus knowing its all protected.

Forgot to mention the A.M Sun Lion, Sun Face and Beano Boost are all run off carbon batteries.

8)

harleytech
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by harleytech » Sun Apr 14, 2019 11:33 am

Nice work !! :hairband: I like it !!
:toast: