Anyone ever have this scenario?

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

jnew
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Anyone ever have this scenario?

Post by jnew » Fri May 17, 2019 2:00 pm

Just got a Danelectro Reel Tape Echo. On battery power it works as it should. On the 9V adapter, there is a sort of chirping noise that moves faster and slower as you play with the echo time slider (which is also perfectly synched with the LED) So I tried one of those 9V thingy's that convert from the 9V adaper to the battery clip and it works great. No noise or chirps. So I thought this would be easy. I just remove the adapter plug from the PCB, snip the two wires that the battery would normally use and solder those to the 9V adapter lugs. NOPE. It won't work. And of course I tried both polarity's.
So in other words, why can I not just use the 2 battery leads to solder to a plug? As a side note, the harness that goes to the board on the adapter, does have 3 wires while the battery leads have 2. So obviously I'm missing a link here.

Anyone?

James

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JimiJames

Re: Anyone ever have this scenario?

Post by JimiJames » Fri May 17, 2019 7:59 pm

I think you might already have or know the answer.
Check the pedal's power spec or rating, then check to see if the 9V adapter has enough milliamps to cut the mustard. If it is even or lower, then there is a high chance of humming and (chirping/pulsing) noises. An insufficient running effect.
Possible polarity issues, but check to see if AC or DC.
...that's all I got.
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

jnew

Post by jnew » Fri May 17, 2019 9:52 pm

Well I can’t seem to find any info on the power requirements of this thing but there are a lot of comments about them being some pretty serious power hogs. So yes, you might be on the button about that. I’ll have to step up the power supply and give it a go.
:thumbsup:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the jaywalker
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by the jaywalker » Fri May 31, 2019 10:22 am

Here's a list of pedals and their power requirements. Give it a look. If it isn't listed and you eventually find out then it would be helpful to post it at the stinkfoot site. You might shoot an email to Dan Electro and ask them.

http://stinkfoot.se/the-power-list