Other Heads

Everything between your guitar and amp.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Other Heads

Post by Guest » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:32 pm

Anyone played the "Other" Rock Heads=Mojave, Bogner, THD? What do you all think, these seem to be popular heads.

flemingmras
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by flemingmras » Sat Nov 13, 2004 10:45 pm

Can't say that I have. Personally I prefer Fleming amps.

Jon
There's just that fine line between stupid and clever - Nigel Tufnel

Dax-The-Ax

Post by Dax-The-Ax » Sun Nov 14, 2004 1:37 am

I think i would probably prefer the Fleming amp myself! Do these amps go to eleven? Pics! - Clips!

flemingmras

Post by flemingmras » Sun Nov 14, 2004 2:32 am

Yes they do go to 11!

Not only do I have pics and clips, but my clips are featuring renowned video guitar instructor Curt Mitchell playing them! Here's a link to the post with the clips:

http://www.metroamp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=588

These amps are just preassembled versions of George's kits. You can get them from either me or him, it doesn't really matter. He makes off of them either way since I get all the parts from him.

Here's a link to the post with pics of both of my Fleming Spinal Tap Plexis.

http://www.metroamp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129

Of course I don't sell them with the logos. Those two heads are mine.

Here's a link to a close-up of the panels.

http://www.metroamp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=889#889

However, I'm gonna have the panels redone in the next couple of months since the numbering wasn't done right(my fault). They'll be numbered the stock 0,2,4,6,8,10, but with 11 right next to 10 just like in the movie, and all of the knobs will be numbered instead of just the volume knobs. Also I'm gonna use 1/16" thick panels as well.

Jon

Jon[/url]

Dax-The-Ax

Post by Dax-The-Ax » Sun Nov 14, 2004 10:52 am

Absolutely beautiful! I May have to get me a "Spinal Tap" Superlead. I got my wife to watch the movie and she loved it! Very nice Les Pauls. I bleed Gibson. Are you running that rig with the 2 heads in stereo thru that cab, or is the other head just a backup? Her's a pic of my babies! I love posting pics.

flemingmras

Post by flemingmras » Sun Nov 14, 2004 11:23 am

For now the other one is just a backup. I like a little redundancy in my rig(which is why I have 3 Les Pauls, all the same exact model and same pickups).

However, I'm wanting to buy Flame's Power Brake so that I can run stereo. I have a stereo chorus unit, and the only thing I'm missing for a stereo rig is the Power Brake to tame the other beast. I used to run the rig stacked, which looked WAY cool(nothing like making bar owners shit their pants) but the problem with the overall mix was that the guitar was all coming from one side. So now I run it split mono with the straight cab on the other side of the stage and the slant cab behind me on my side(I can hear myself better on the slant cab for obvious reasons).

The straight cab is an actual '73 Marshall cab that I recovered with salt n pepper basketweave grillecloth. That one is loaded with the original G12H-30 Greenbacks with bass cones, while the slant cab is a Mojo clone with G12H-30 Reissues(you can get the Mojo cabs from George). Those sound REALLY good.

Jon