Western Electric assessing the possibility of producing tubes again

The good, the bad and the ugly.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

ivan H
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Western Electric assessing the possibility of producing tubes again

Post by ivan H » Fri Mar 18, 2022 11:47 pm

As the title states, Western Electric is assessing the possibility of again producing tubes & is taking submissions on which tubes we'd like to see produced. See here
https://www.westernelectric.com/expand
Scroll to the bottom of the page, click on "I'm Interested" to get to the submission page, select which type tubes you'd like to see them produce.
This is possibly the best news in decades on the tube front. The more submissions Western Electric get, the better the chance they'll again go into production. Cheers
Edit:
Please share this as much as possible, in order to get as many submissions to Western Electric as is possible. Cheers

ivan H

Re: Western Electric assessing the possibility of producing tubes again

Post by ivan H » Wed Mar 23, 2022 2:54 am

I had really hoped that posting this here would generate some interest, as tubes possibly being again made in America, especially by a company with the experience in this field that Western Electric has, can only be a good thing. Unfortunately, thus far it seems to have fallen on deaf ears which, IMHO is a shame as the more submissions Western Electric receive, the better our chances they will start production again.
Maybe I should have posted it "off topic" somewhere else to possibly get noticed. Cheers

harleytech

Post by harleytech » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:39 am

I am all for it. I signed the submission page on another forum.
:rock:

charles anthony
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by charles anthony » Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:55 am

I responded. Thanks for the heads up. It is about time someone steps up and produce something worthy.

awangotango

Post by awangotango » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:53 am

put in my 2cents- hope they can make a good el34 and more important - a 12ax7 - why is the 12ax7 so hard to reproduce? the EH el34 was good enough to me, but no modern 12ax was useable - in any case, western will likely cater to HIFI'ers as that is where most of the demand and $ is id guess - hope they can make a go of it