Counterfeit Tubes!

The good, the bad and the ugly.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

novosibir
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by novosibir » Wed Feb 21, 2007 3:11 am

TubeGetter wrote:... I've seen this seller (Karsten) do shady things for a long time, and I always watch what he's doing. He knows tubes really, really well....but he does at times get sloppy with his nonsense. He has that really nice tube website I'm sure you've all seen:

http://www.tube-classics.de

The other Ebay ID he uses is "tube-classics".

I've had long emails back and forth with him...
That's obviously a funny thing :o

I also know the guy Karsten Schmidt with the website http://www.tube-classics.de and had several emails with him in the past, concerning German made E84L tubes - but in the fake auction with the Mullard's I've won (and not payed) he's correspondend with me as a "Heinz Posingis" :?

Are there some more names, he's using ?

Larry
The fault almost always is sitting in front of the amp :wink:

Larry's Website now with included Pix's Gallery

TubeGetter

Post by TubeGetter » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:12 pm

Larry, he always signed his emails as Karsten to me, but it's been a while since I've emailed him. I used to warn the bidders about the sham auctions they were bidding on, and then he started making the bidding private....boy was he pissed. I see he went back to showing the bidders again. Anyway, I gave up on emailing him and warning bidders.....it's too much effort and you can't make much of a difference that way.

demonufo
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by demonufo » Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:08 am

Can't remember who the seller was, but also spotted somebody in the U.K. selling I63 Mullards with a 1965 date code and the LATER LOGO?
The boxes looked right though.
So I like purple, okay!!!!!!

83.7% of all statistics are made up on the spot!