Age old Head Switcher project

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

bassybeats
Just the numbers in order: 7

Age old Head Switcher project

Post by bassybeats » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:53 am

Hey, so am just finishing up a bassman build and I am looking into ways to actually use it.

Currently in a small house so can't have too many cabs, but after a bit of searching I found the Aiken schematic for the two head switcher that has the input switch in it (attached to post).

I have only worked off layouts and simple schematics before, so I don't know how these relays all work. Does anyone have a good place to start in turning this into a point - to - point or PCB?

I already have a bunch of 16ohm, 8ohm and 4ohm 100Watt power resistors sitting around and all the rest looks easy to get in terms of parts. And if it comes up, I only have a 2x12 Jcm800 cab so can't do the twin speaker split trick.

Cheers
Attachments
HeadSwitch.pdf
(17.45 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

SteadyEddie

Re: Age old Head Switcher project

Post by SteadyEddie » Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:39 am

Relays are simple devices. They're switches. You put voltage across the coil, and the switch engages. You usually have a spdt or a dpdt relay. So the signal goes into the "common" side and there's a normally open (open with no voltage) and normally closed side.

bassybeats

Re: Age old Head Switcher project

Post by bassybeats » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:02 am

Oh the relays he suggests what you say are the ones to get? and mounting them in a handwired setup?