Who is building Scumback Speakers now?

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Who is building Scumback Speakers now?

Post by Scumback Speakers » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:17 pm

Bunnest wrote:new speakers look BEAUTIFUL JIM! oh, I didn't know you were in the speaker business, i thought you were just one of our friends who has the badass speaker connect...

:thumbsup:
Oh, right...I forgot, I'm not in the speaker biz at all. I don't design, make, repair, test or rebuild speakers at all...but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night, and I played a speaker builder on TV once...before I left Hollywood because my "Will act for food!" sign wasn't getting me any gigs. :palm:

Thanks for the kudos on the speakers, though, I appreciate it.
Scumback Speakers - Kick Ass Vintage Tone
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
http://www.scumbackspeakers.com
310-833-6632

shakti
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by shakti » Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:18 pm

So how long do you expect the prototype phase to last, Jim? When can we expect the PVC types to be in proper production? And lastly, do yoou plan to offer these in all the same variations as your other speakers (i.e. M55, M75, H55 and H75?).
JTM45 RS OT, 1973 18W, JTM45/100, JTM50, JMP50 1986, JMP100 "West Coast", AC15, AC30, BF Super Reverb, Boogie Mk 1, Hiwatt CP103, DR103

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:04 pm

shakti wrote:So how long do you expect the prototype phase to last, Jim? When can we expect the PVC types to be in proper production? And lastly, do yoou plan to offer these in all the same variations as your other speakers (i.e. M55, M75, H55 and H75?).
I will offer these in M55/M75 and H55/H75 models, 20 & 25w respectively. I will not be offering LHDC, 65 or 100w versions, either. They're going to be just for the guys that play that 60's era type tones these deliver.

As for prototyping these speakers, pretty sure we're all but done with that, but I'm going to make some minor tweaks to get them real close to my late 67 slant. They are close now, but I'm a frigging perfectionist. I'll update this thread when I get them here and do further testing.
310-833-6632

jnewlyn

Post by jnewlyn » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:00 am

Mmmm. Nice
Cheers to the ears.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default ... ID=1214336" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jef

Post by Jef » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:30 pm

I just gotta say, "PVC speaker" has a nice ring to it.... :whistle:

motorhead

Post by motorhead » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:11 pm

Jim
The guy over at the gearpage is slowly helping you lose sales.

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:23 pm

by motorhead » Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:11 pm
Jim- The guy over at the gearpage is slowly helping you lose sales.
Don't worry- The product will speak for itself... :listen: :rock:

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:35 am

I've been busy, guys. Lots of speakers & cabs to ship out. As for that Dave C/TGP thread, not sure what to tell you about lost sales since there was a higher than normal amount of orders placed yesterday. But I didn't get home till 10:15 pm last night, so I'll have to check it out later after I get back from the dentist.
310-833-6632

dawgchamp

Post by dawgchamp » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 pm

Scumback Speakers wrote:I've been busy, guys. Lots of speakers & cabs to ship out. As for that Dave C/TGP thread, not sure what to tell you about lost sales since there was a higher than normal amount of orders placed yesterday. But I didn't get home till 10:15 pm last night, so I'll have to check it out later after I get back from the dentist.
I wouldn't worry, Jim. It seems that the facts of the situation are slowly coming to light as people learn to read between the lines of desperation on the part of one of TGP's most-recent new members.

motorhead

Post by motorhead » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:48 pm

Regardless of the situation between jim and ta. The guys on the gearpage need to join westboro baptist church.

guitar007

Post by guitar007 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:48 am

Hey, Jim. With all the wild speculation going on in that Gear Page thread...do you plan on putting it all to rest by creating new clips of all your new Scumback v2.0s? I’m sure I’m not the only one interested in listening and comparing Weber & Post Weber models.

On a side note…I have nothing but respect for both companies. I have a Weber/Scumback m75 that I’m perfectly happy with, regardless if it’s "in" or "out of spec." I’ll be needing a new quad soon…so I can’t wait to hear the new BM75s and compare them to your new M75s. Keep up the good work.
~guitar007

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:14 am

dawgchamp wrote:I wouldn't worry, Jim. It seems that the facts of the situation are slowly coming to light as people learn to read between the lines of desperation on the part of one of TGP's most-recent new members.
:wink:
motorhead wrote:Regardless of the situation between jim and ta. The guys on the gearpage need to join westboro baptist church.
Don Barzini won't be happy about that statement. :lol:
guitar007 wrote:Hey, Jim. With all the wild speculation going on in that Gear Page thread...do you plan on putting it all to rest by creating new clips of all your new Scumback v2.0s? I’m sure I’m not the only one interested in listening and comparing Weber & Post Weber models.
Yes. I saw Pete Thorn at the LA AMP Show. When he's done with his tour we're going to do new clips of all the current models. He dug the BM75's, and wants to try a mix of M75 & BM75's.
guitar007 wrote:On a side note…I have nothing but respect for both companies. I have a Weber/Scumback m75 that I’m perfectly happy with, regardless if it’s "in" or "out of spec." I’ll be needing a new quad soon…so I can’t wait to hear the new BM75s and compare them to your new M75s. Keep up the good work.
We'll do it (all three of us!).
310-833-6632

dawgchamp

Post by dawgchamp » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:43 pm

Scumback Speakers wrote:
motorhead wrote:Regardless of the situation between jim and ta. The guys on the gearpage need to join westboro baptist church.
Don Barzini won't be happy about that statement.

somethin'else

Post by somethin'else » Thu Oct 27, 2011 9:03 pm

Anxiously waiting for Pete to finish his touring, Jim, so you guys can "Do It"! 8) :D
dave

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser

Post by Scumback Speakers » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:49 pm

somethin'else wrote:Anxiously waiting for Pete to finish his touring, Jim, so you guys can "Do It"! 8) :D
Not sure when Pete is done, I'm sure he'll call me. We've completed over 300 speakers in 29 days, which was no small feat since I had that stomach flu mess for 8 days. Just setting up the shop next to the demo room for building the prototypes, and doing recones this weekend.

So I thought I was good. We're up to around the middle of September's back orders now, so I did a count of what I still needed to build...it was 181 speakers still to go.

Good thing that 2nd order of 480 frames got here Tuesday. :palm:

:lol:
310-833-6632