fabric softener on the speaker cone???

This is what it sounds like, when cones cry.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Puerco

Re: fabric softener on the speaker cone???

Post by Puerco » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:19 pm

Thanks, I will try to play some bass guitar on them as soon as that friend can find the time.
I kinda like their tone, they are just too stiff as they are still brand new. Strange thing is, you (and many others) allways say they are so bright but mine aren't. They are very bassy, I ussually turn the bass almost all the way down and the treble 3/4 up...
Like I said they are still brand new and havent been played very loud and I don't have a lot to compare with but that is what it sounds like to me.
Not necessarily stoned..but beautiful...

Scumback Speakers
Supporting Advertiser
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Scumback Speakers » Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:15 pm

You don't find them bright? Huh...that hasn't been my experience with the four I've had...my guess is that this is a speaker that is under constant development, cuz they almost ripped my head off with the treble turned off and the bass and mids turned all the way up.
Last edited by Scumback Speakers on Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scumback Speakers - Kick Ass Vintage Tone
sales@scumbackspeakers.com
http://www.scumbackspeakers.com
310-833-6632

beaulieu

Post by beaulieu » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:56 am

I find mine brite! I also have a Marshall ax cab with the regular(not Heritage)25's and its also brite. Now I also have a 73 100 watt Marshall cab with the original speakers with 1 being reconed :( However it sounds not brite at all! Very warm sounding. I thought with 3 speakers being reconed it would be stiff and brite but no. Compared to my brite sounding cabs it almost sounds "broke" Not right but I know its O.K. and the new Marshall cabs have the issue!
69 SuperBass Plexi
12000 Series Bulid
73 1987
68 Nos 50 build
2554 Combo
2550 Silver Jub stack
71 LesPaul Deluxe
68,71,73 4x12

emma999
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by emma999 » Fri Jun 16, 2023 10:16 am

jbzoso2002 wrote:
Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:07 pm
hi amp dudes. has anyone used the fabric softener on
the speaker cone treatment to soften or loosen up
the cone? if so how much do you use, what concentration
and most importantly did it do any good?

jimmy 8) owner of a stiff as a board g12h30 heritage :twisted:

Are you also a fan of mexican poncho like me? If so, you can visit [url=https://ozponcho.com.au/c/mexican-poncho/] for different designs of ponchos.
It's great to see your enthusiasm for exploring different ways to improve your speaker cone's performance. While some people have experimented with using fabric softener on speaker cones, it's important to approach such methods with caution.

Adding fabric softener to the speaker cone is an unconventional technique, and its effectiveness can vary depending on several factors. If you decide to give it a try, I would recommend using a small amount of fabric softener and diluting it with water to create a mild solution. However, it's crucial to be mindful and avoid excessive saturation or direct contact with sensitive parts of the speaker.

Keep in mind that altering the characteristics of your speaker cone may not always produce the desired results, and it's essential to consider the potential risks involved. It might be worth consulting with audio experts or conducting further research to explore alternative methods or solutions that are specifically designed for speaker maintenance.

Good luck with your speaker cone treatment, and I hope you find a suitable solution to enhance your g12h30 heritage's performance! Rock on, Jimmy! \m/