Heyboyer vs Dagnall

Get support and show off your MetroAmp JTM 45 kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Heyboyer vs Dagnall

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 29, 2005 6:57 pm

Hey all I've been eying the JTM-45 kit and am saving up for it, but I was wondering if the Dagnall Trannies with the clips posted in the other forum would be suitable in this amp? I'm new to all this and am looking for an early AC/DC crunch in an amp, does the Heyboyer deliver on that? Thanks

Post by guest » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:06 pm

I think I might mean the Metro replica's of Dagnall's? I don't know. And where are the sound clips for the JTM 45s'?

McGoogle McDougal

Post by McGoogle McDougal » Fri Jul 29, 2005 7:22 pm

The Dagnall clone OT's from those threads, unless I've missed something, are for 100 watt Super Leads, not JTM45's. I have one of George's Heyboer JTM OT's in my JTM45/Bluesbreaker combo and it is great. I think (depending on how much you crank the amp) you can get very much into AC/DC territory with the Heyboer. It is, however, going to be more in Angus territory than Malcolm (which is also big part of the AC/DC sound, in my opinion). While JTM45's have a fair amount of sag, the Heyboer still seems to be pretty agressive and bold. Without trying a solid state rectifier I can't tell how much of the sag is the tube rectifier and how much is output transformer saturation. I think the main thing, for what you're looking for, is to use pickups that are not too high output. In short, if you already like the JTM45 sound, I don't think you can go wrong with the Heyboer.

Eamon

jbzoso2002 or some thing

jtm45 opt

Post by jbzoso2002 or some thing » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:52 pm

i built a jtm 45 with all georges parts and i used heyborers and
this amp sounds great :D

jbzoso2002 or some thing

jtm45 opt

Post by jbzoso2002 or some thing » Fri Jul 29, 2005 10:53 pm

i built a jtm 45 with all georges parts and i used heyborers and
this amp sounds great :D