JTM45 - My First Build!!

Get support and show off your MetroAmp JTM 45 kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

mutts
Just the numbers in order: 7

JTM45 - My First Build!!

Post by mutts » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:22 pm

This is the first amp that I have built but I must say that I am quite pleased with the end result. I'm a bit of an AC/DC fanatic and my quest for "Angus Tone" lead me here. I'm not an electronics wiz by any means but with George's instructions in hand and all the information on this forum it was a rather painless undertaking. I owe special thanks to senior forum members - guys like Roe, Neikeel, George, Larry thanks for your support and patience for rookies like myself. The amp itself fired right up and delivered to all my expectations and more. What a gratifying experience ... I can see where breathing solder fumes becomes an addiction. I have a set of NOS GEC KT66's and Mullard 12AX7's waiting to go in and will likely post a before and after sound clip to perhaps help with others making a decision whether the vintage tubes are worth the money.

Next project might be a 12XXX - YIKES!!

Heres's some pic's - sorry for the link but it seemed the most painless way of posting all of them.

Rock On!

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view/16417193 ... 58/164171/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

julkke
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: JTM45 - My First Build!!

Post by julkke » Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:36 pm

Very nice job man! :rock:

mutts
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by mutts » Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:52 pm

Thanks for the compliment Julkke ... my apologies I forgot to include you in my list of honorable mention in my initial posting.

cmb
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by cmb » Sat Jan 05, 2013 8:55 pm

:drool: Looks good .Bring on the sound clips. Ive been wanting to do the sound clip thing with my own 45 but as i am not equipt to record... Have been curious about the nos glass and how it sounds vs modern but havent really run across any before and after clips.. Very nice work on your amp best regards clint