JTM45 CHASSIS

Get support and show off your MetroAmp JTM 45 kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Big Mike
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: JTM45 CHASSIS

Post by Big Mike » Mon May 09, 2011 4:40 pm

That polarity switch hole would be a great place for a Master volume if one so desired.
Instead of burying the prescence on the back like mine...
Metroamp kit JMP50 - CM OT
Metroamp JTM45 turned JMP50 w/Classictone OT
Marshall 2550 Jubilee
Powered by Thorn and Kauer guitars
Scumback Speakers

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Tue May 10, 2011 4:54 am

Big Mike wrote:That polarity switch hole would be a great place for a Master volume if one so desired.
Instead of burying the prescence on the back like mine...
Funny you should mention that because mine is going in a BB Mk1 cabinet with just that PPIMV in the polarity slot :wink:
Neil

electricskychurch

Post by electricskychurch » Wed May 11, 2011 9:22 am

thanks for your answer.
i don't look for the offset chassis jtm45.
yes, i meant gold for plexi.

i hesitate between this block logo with gold plexi front and copper trim :
Http://Marstran.com/Gold%20Block%201070.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Http://Marstran.com/65%201128.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

internal shots shown in a post above :
http://imageshack.us/f/405/651jtm45pa2.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://imageshack.us/f/39/651jtm45pa1.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

which might end looking like that if i can't find teh silver disc knobs:
Http://Marstran.com/65%201526.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

or the block logo with white plexi front and silver block logo :
Http://Marstran.com/64%201015.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

i hesitate but i think i will take the gold plexi front one but i would prefer to have a faceplate without polarity switch (and even a chassis without polarity switch if possible) .
so your chassis will fit any jtm45 head cab from what you say (mojo, metroamp, reissue ...)
when you say it mounts differently, you mean not like that :
http://imageshack.us/f/405/651jtm45pa2.jpg/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
so, the holes in the head cab , to install the four screws to hold the chassis to teh cab, have to be drilled differently than for a regular chassis ?
what means i have to drill 4 more holes if i use another head cab than yours, isn't it ?

neikeel

Post by neikeel » Wed May 11, 2011 11:15 am

I think you will be best served by buying your plexipanels from Rich Molnar (aka Sparky) then buying a blank chassis from the site mentioned earlier.

Cut and punch to suit your requirements then you will have an accurate repro. I have done this a couple of times now. In fact I do have one of Steves offsets and faceplates which is a quality piece of kit. I got a Drake one but subsequently found an original RS OT so need to cut it out myself. I laso have a blank block end chassis and Rich panel to cut when I find time :wink:
Neil

electricskychurch

Post by electricskychurch » Thu May 12, 2011 8:21 pm

the problem is that cutting the metal is not what i'm used to do !
never done it and i ain't got teh equipment to do so.
finding someone that would do it for me might not be as simple as finding someone on the forum that might be able to do it.
i'm interested in his chassis , i don't care so much about the polarity switch hole if they are already done , as long as i don't have teh hole in the faceplate (although i would prefer no hoile in the chassis) but the problem might be the mounting screw holes in the chassis, not corresponding to the ones already drilled in a standard head cab like teh one sold on mojomusicalsupply or so.
they seem to be the exact repro of an early style of jtm45 chassis but they are not the easiest to deal with.
or i would have to buy one of your head cab as well , to avoifd having to drill some other holes in a standard one.
don't you make some chassis with the standard mounting screw holes ?

what's special about Sparky's face plates ?

louis

Post by louis » Sun May 15, 2011 10:37 am

Here is my 1964 JTM 45 replica that was built for me .

Head box with smooth tolex was done by Raymond Domzalski and work was done by JFL
The amp is now sold but what an amp ! ,it sounded amazing !....... wish I would have kept it!

Louis
Attachments
jtm 061_picnik.jpg
jtm 061_picnik.jpg (57.92 KiB) Viewed 4792 times
jtm 073.jpg
jtm 073.jpg (49.45 KiB) Viewed 4792 times
jtm 049_picnik.jpg
jtm 049_picnik.jpg (63.34 KiB) Viewed 4792 times
Last edited by louis on Sun May 15, 2011 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

louis

Post by louis » Sun May 15, 2011 10:39 am

Here's a few more pictures!

Louis
Attachments
jtm 041_picnik.jpg
jtm 041_picnik.jpg (75.27 KiB) Viewed 4792 times
jtm 028_picnik.jpg
jtm 028_picnik.jpg (94.79 KiB) Viewed 4792 times
jtm 027_picnik.jpg
jtm 027_picnik.jpg (100.93 KiB) Viewed 4792 times

louis

Post by louis » Sun May 15, 2011 10:46 am

I've also tried to install a gold face plate to have a different look

In 1964 ,they came with silver/marroon block logo and white face plate,
then silver/marroon logo with gold face plate and then gold on gold.

Louis
Attachments
gold 004.jpg
(144.2 KiB) Downloaded 2893 times
gold 008.jpg
(98.41 KiB) Downloaded 2893 times

S.Marshall

Post by S.Marshall » Mon May 16, 2011 9:57 am

electricskychurch wrote:the problem is that cutting the metal is not what i'm used to do !
never done it and i ain't got teh equipment to do so.
finding someone that would do it for me might not be as simple as finding someone on the forum that might be able to do it.
i'm interested in his chassis , i don't care so much about the polarity switch hole if they are already done , as long as i don't have teh hole in the faceplate (although i would prefer no hoile in the chassis) but the problem might be the mounting screw holes in the chassis, not corresponding to the ones already drilled in a standard head cab like teh one sold on mojomusicalsupply or so.
they seem to be the exact repro of an early style of jtm45 chassis but they are not the easiest to deal with.
or i would have to buy one of your head cab as well , to avoifd having to drill some other holes in a standard one.
don't you make some chassis with the standard mounting screw holes ?

what's special about Sparky's face plates ?
My OS isn't what you want but if you're uncomfortable cutting one I can make one for you. I can make anything. I will be doing a batch of standard (64+) JTM chassis which is what you want but not sure how soon. If you want one now then just email me the exact specs you want and I'll make it "part specific" for you.

Sparky's panels are correct which is what sets his apart from others.
-Steve

S.Marshall

Post by S.Marshall » Mon May 16, 2011 10:06 am

louis wrote:I've also tried to install a gold face plate to have a different look

In 1964 ,they came with silver/marroon block logo and white face plate,
then silver/marroon logo with gold face plate and then gold on gold.

Louis
Nice amp! That's my next 45 version. I'm doing those whites as well and will interchange with Sparky's gold.
-Steve

electricskychurch

Post by electricskychurch » Mon May 16, 2011 9:35 pm

Nice amps guys !
i prefer the regular tolex better than teh smooth one but they are very nice amps.
yes ,i can be interested in one of your 65 standard chassis, depending on when you plan to have them available.
so, i have to check with sparky for the face plate.

S.Marshall

Post by S.Marshall » Mon May 16, 2011 10:50 pm

How soon do you want one? If you need it soon I'll just hand punch one. I have a blank on hand. the cool thing about a hand punched unit is I can cut part specific. If you're using an original RS OT that might be the way to go anyway.
-Steve

electricskychurch

Post by electricskychurch » Mon May 30, 2011 8:13 pm

sorry for the delay.
i'm ready to buy it when it's done.
i would need to know the prices.
also, you said you could provide the board as well (with all the turrets and screws ), do you have some pictures of what you would provide ?
i have to check the front and back plate of Sparky , to know how the chassis has to be punched if they are what i look for.

still have to find the copper trimmer and white disc knobs.

timsmcm

Post by timsmcm » Mon Feb 06, 2012 5:41 pm

Are you still doing the jtm45 chassis? Would like to build an offset.

electricskychurch

Post by electricskychurch » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:04 am

I bought a chassis from Steve several month ago but i'm still waiting for he sends it to me ...
I really begin to find the time long as he's been saying he would send it to me several times but i still haven't received anything ... I have been very patient (see when the messages started, even thoug there might have been some communication problems ...) but now i'd like to get that chassis , especialy as he said he would give a second one for free from his lazer batch cut (first one was hand made) , to compensate for the several months i had to wait but i'd like to get the first one i paid already ...
I understand you might be very busy Steve, but please, i have been trusting you, so it woudl be nicez you show me i was right to do so !