JTM 45 Cabinet

Get support and show off your MetroAmp JTM 45 kit builds.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

Ricky Lee
Just the numbers in order: 7

JTM 45 Cabinet

Post by Ricky Lee » Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:02 am

Has anybody received their JTM 45 cabinet yet from Slojo? I have a really pissed off customer who I built this amp for a month ago, and now unless I come up with a cabinet really quick, I haft to refund his money.
May the good Lord take a liking to you!

http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt31 ... i%2012xxx/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:09 pm

Ricky, I can only apologize on this matter. I am in the same boat. My run of small box cabs has been on order for 7 weeks now.

I even checked with stores that sell Mojo kits, but no one will sell just a case. And no one seems to have a small box in stock.

I call Mojo 2-3 times a week and lately it's been "can I have someone call you back?". But I haven't gotten any calls.

Please let me know if you have any ideas on where we can get a head case. Again, I apologize.

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

Ricky Lee

Post by Ricky Lee » Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:54 pm

Hi George, I know how you feel. I know your hands are tied, so that's why I haven't contacted you. In addition, I have been very busy on the Gulf Coast with the Hurricane Katrina desaster. As you know, I am a Marine Surveyor and I've got my hands full of sunk boats, oil spills, not to mention fighting with the gators, wild bores, snakes, sharks and the list goes on. So all my amp stuff is on hold anywho! I was just wondering has anyone received their cab yet, since they are being drop shipped. I'm going to inform my customer of the situation, and if he doesn't want to wait I'll refund his money and sell the amp at a latter date, which will be no problem. Thanks for your quick response!

http://s623.photobucket.com/albums/tt31 ... i%2012xxx/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rjgtr

Post by rjgtr » Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:54 pm

Didn't Mojo just move into the path of the current hurricane in Carolina?

This is the reason I started making my own cabinets. Everyone wants the cash up front so it takes forever to get a simple head box.

You could try a couple other cabinet makers.

http://www.reasonamps.com and http://www.trinityamps.com both make good cabinets.
Richard Johnson

Playing an instrument doesn't make you a Musician ... Listening does...

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Thu Sep 15, 2005 6:55 pm

Hi George, I know how you feel. I know your hands are tied, so that's why I haven't contacted you.
Same here. I know who the problem is, and it isn't George's name I'm swearing at, so I haven't bothered harassing him!!
But it keeps making me eye Bluesbreaker cabs on eBay that I can't afford.

Post by Guest » Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:42 pm

Yikes, I just contacted both George and Mojo about this a couple of days ago. Mojo said their cabinet orders are very backed up.

This guy makes cabs and boards: http://smallbox.freeservers.com/

Also: http://home.insight.rr.com/kressamps/

allynmey

Post by allynmey » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:23 am

Hi all, Jeff Swanson is one of the leading cabinet makers around (quality wise). I just talked to him and am ordering a smallbox head. His next run of smallbox heads is next week! Good timing 'eh? Check him out at:

www.swansoncabinets.com

Hope this helps you out.

Allynmey

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:30 am

allynmey wrote:Hi all, Jeff Swanson is one of the leading cabinet makers around (quality wise). I just talked to him and am ordering a smallbox head. His next run of smallbox heads is next week! Good timing 'eh? Check him out at:

www.swansoncabinets.com

Hope this helps you out.

Allynmey
It would....if we hadn't already paid for the MoJo cab with the kits. Although I am still toying with the idea of a good deal on a BluesBreaker cab for the JTM45.......

Ricky Lee

Post by Ricky Lee » Sun Sep 25, 2005 2:19 am

Maybe Christmas will get a cab in our stocking! Really the best thing to do is build your own cab. These cab makers get YOUR money up front and then they sit on making the cab. If I conducted my business like that I wouldn't be in business very long. If some one started building cabs (in a timely manner) they'd put Slojo and a few others out of business, after all you don't haft to remake the wheel doing a cab.

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:32 am

Maybe Christmas will get a cab in our stocking!
Hmmmm......I better put a bigger hook in the fireplace mantle........ :lol:

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Sun Sep 25, 2005 8:59 am

I did just put a bid in on a Bluesbreaker 2x12 cab on the 'Bay but it's kinda lowball, doubtful I'll win it for the amount I can spend right now.

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Mon Sep 26, 2005 4:27 pm

Mojo said today that I should get them tomorrow!!!!!

I'll get them turned around same day, I promise.

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

Ricky Lee

Post by Ricky Lee » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:30 pm

Flames, did your 45 cab come with the chassis mounting holes pre-drilled? I just got in from the coast and found my 45 case had finally arrived, but there are no holes in the cab, which I don't really have the the time to drill, with all the paper work I have to do with this Katrina thing. I noticed with Slojo, some of the cabs are pre-drilled and some are not. I've been working from daylight to dark with this Katrina thing and I must be over worked, because I can't even remember how I alighned and drilled the last Slojo cab I did. Anyway, glad to hear you have your squeal thing resolved.

Flames1950

Post by Flames1950 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:45 pm

Ricky Lee wrote:Flames, did your 45 cab come with the chassis mounting holes pre-drilled? I just got in from the coast and found my 45 case had finally arrived, but there are no holes in the cab, which I don't really have the the time to drill, with all the paper work I have to do with this Katrina thing. I noticed with Slojo, some of the cabs are pre-drilled and some are not. I've been working from daylight to dark with this Katrina thing and I must be over worked, because I can't even remember how I alighned and drilled the last Slojo cab I did. Anyway, glad to hear you have your squeal thing resolved.
No, I had to do my own holes (hmmm....that doesn't sound right..... :twisted: ) I just sat the chassis on top of the upside-down cab and aligned everything up, drilled pilots, and then got out the bigger bit. Still ended up slightly off, but I think I can shift the chassis sideways and be OK.
The bigger problem was that it had been so long waiting for the case, I couldn't find the mounting hardware....had to raid the Super Bass for half of its hardware to mount the JTM45, until I got out today for bolts.

I thought you'd been MIA for a while now..........

Ricky Lee

Post by Ricky Lee » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:42 am

Down in the Gulf working the Katrina Hurricane disaster. I'm a Marine Surveyor, which involves boats and just about anything that has to do with water. There was alot of boat damage caused by Katrina, and I'll be working on it for a good spell to come. It's really side lined just about all my normal activities, including my music. Of course I'm making tons of money, which means I can buy more stuff from George. :D I didn't feel like it, but I went ahead and drilled the holes which ended up perfect. The way I do them is sit the chassis inside the cab and align the face plate; then I take a sharp object and make starter holes in the in the center of the retainer nuts, then I remove the chassis and use a small dremel to drill all the way thru, I finish with a normal drill (from the outside) with a 1/4' bit, works every time with perfect alignment. Also, the amp seems to sound way better inside the cab, strange!