For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

bmf5150

Kick ass VH video!!!!

Post by bmf5150 » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:54 pm

BrownSound1
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by BrownSound1 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:51 am

Oh yeah, I've seen those many times back when MTV used to show things like that...or was it Night Flight on USA Network. :D Got these on tape somewhere in the archives. I really dig Ed's tone on those, however my favorite live tone had to be from the '81 Oakland gig that gave us the Unchained and Hear About It Later videos.

Cool find bro!
Last edited by BrownSound1 on Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why is it we can remember where all the wires go, but can never find a pick?

BBN-Boys

Post by BBN-Boys » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:59 am

Thanks for the link :D
Awsome EVH tone! Love it!!! :twisted:

DELANEY

Post by DELANEY » Tue Jan 24, 2006 9:10 am

Geez....

Diamond Dave is such a pathetic wierdo now...

But in my book he is the undesputed best front man I've seen. He can rouse the dudes to go crazy and party the night away, and makes all the girls lust...

Think of the guys out there now... wait... let me scan the hip/hop videos.... [snicker]
DEL

mightymike
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by mightymike » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:46 pm

DELANEY wrote:Geez....

Diamond Dave is such a pathetic wierdo now...

But in my book he is the undesputed best front man I've seen. He can rouse the dudes to go crazy and party the night away, and makes all the girls lust...

Think of the guys out there now... wait... let me scan the hip/hop videos.... [snicker]
He's the greatest front man if you take the actual singing out of the equation. It's no suprise that "one take take Dave" couldn't sing one song all the way through. There were parts he didn't even try to sing, and this is suppsedly in his prime? :? Maybe his voice was strained that night.
Loved the Guitar playing though, my favorite lick in "You're no good" has the camera on Dave! :x

From what I've heard, Dave punch recorded one phrase at a time on their albums. When I saw them at the Us Festival, it was like this video. The band and the background singing are tight, and there he is; out front, out of tune, and singing half the words, prancing and sticking his butt out.

Sorry to be such a negative, cause I really liked Eddie's playing.
I prefer Van Halen to Van Hagar studio albums, but Dave sucks live in every Video I've seen, and when I saw VH live. That being said, I still wish
they'd get back together and record some studio albums.

Even if he records them one phrase at a time, and it takes him 100 times to get "My love is rotten to the core" just right. The songs will still kick ass
over any bubble gum Van Hagar stuff.

DELANEY

Post by DELANEY » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:44 pm

I think Dave admits he's pitchy.

I'm sure after a while with that kind of personality, you just get by...

I first saw them right before women and children broke out in Chicago 1980-81?, and they were superb.

Or maybe I was wasted, I remember my arm just passed right to left right to left....

You know when a concert was 14 bucks a ticket and its every man for himself!!!

Yeah there might be technical aficionado front men, but when Dave comes wiggling out... Yeeeeehaaaa its Monkey Time....
DEL

Post by Guest » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:49 am

Have you seen the Live In Largo boot from the Diver Down tour? Dave sings great in that one. The US Festival is not a good representation of a live VH show. That being said, Roth admits he isn't a great singer...stated that many, many times. However, anything VH did with Roth is still more kick ass than any of the Van Hagar or Van Cherone crap.