Little Guitars, Van Halen Tribute

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

funk49

Post by funk49 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:59 am

Yeah, they are rumored to be filming the show "Rockstar" as we speak, the same show that INXS used to find their singer. Ugh, what a way to go out. Why not just get Dave and make a bazillion dollars?

The producers approached AIC, specifically Cantrell and tried talking him into getting the band to do it. Cantrell told them to shove it up their ass.

There's something be said about Cantrell's integrity...those guys were the real fucking deal.

carson5150

Post by carson5150 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 9:26 am

funk49 wrote:Yeah, they are rumored to be filming the show "Rockstar" as we speak, the same show that INXS used to find their singer. Ugh, what a way to go out. Why not just get Dave and make a bazillion dollars?

The producers approached AIC, specifically Cantrell and tried talking him into getting the band to do it. Cantrell told them to shove it up their ass.

There's something be said about Cantrell's integrity...those guys were the real fucking deal.
Absolutely, AIC rules. Jerry is a great player too. I'm pretty bummed to hear VH doing this, but hopefully it means Ed has gotten sobered up, doubt it though.
"There's no reason for a guitarist to have a big ego. You should love the Instrument more than wanting to be a rock star." -Randy Rhoads

NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:00 pm

This seems to be a trend....folks make it to superstardom success, then all of a sudden spiral out with bad decision after bad decision...Michael Jackson, Britney Spears,...EVH. Ok ed, you never have to work another day in your life but throw us a bone already will ya? Nobody could replace Layne Staley in AIC....he just had THE voice....good for Jerry for sticking to his guns.

BrownSound1
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by BrownSound1 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 1:13 pm

VH has lost tons of credibility with their fans already. This is the final nail in the coffin for them if they do this show.

I think they need to just call up Roth and get over it all ready. They could make a mint on a tour, because according to Roth there is an offer of 1 million a show on the table. I guess what pisses me off is that I have to work with bastards that I don't like everyday, but I know that our combined efforts will yield the best results. Why can't bands be like that? LOL (Hasn't ever worked that way in any band I was in either) :)
Why is it we can remember where all the wires go, but can never find a pick?

JasonC

Post by JasonC » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:20 pm

AIC did a benefit show for tsunami relieve in Seattle last year with Pat Lachman doing most of the vocals - Maynard did a song at the end. It was really, really cool. Actually it was a pretty tremendous bill - SuperSuckers, Anne and Nancy Wilson, Sir Mix A Lot accompanied by a 3 piece rock band, and AIC. Here's a review: http://www.aliceinchains.net/index_main.html

I sure hope these are just bad rumors about VH doing the Rockstar deal. That would be just... sad.

BrownSound1
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by BrownSound1 » Sat Feb 18, 2006 2:35 pm

Why is it we can remember where all the wires go, but can never find a pick?