EVH and the Fernandes sustainer?

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

Santi
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: EVH and the Fernandes sustainer?

Post by Santi » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:21 am

the Sustainer is used in the neck position. You can turn it on and off.

evh100

Post by evh100 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:40 pm

i'm new around here and i'll probably get flamed for this but...i can listen to Steve Vai play, i just can't watch him. he's a fantastic player. no doubt about it. i'd kill to play as well as him. but as a performer he makes my teeth hurt. every damn facial expression he makes reeks of either, "ain't I great...c'mon i'm great, right?" or he puts on this kinda "about to meet God/having an epiphany" look.

Steve, it's supposed to be rock and roll. try to look more like your drunk, high or just plain lost. the dichotomy will work much better with your playing.
just my 2.5 cents.

paulscape

Post by paulscape » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:39 pm

evh100 wrote:i can listen to Steve Vai play, i just can't watch him. he's a fantastic player. no doubt about it. i'd kill to play as well as him. but as a performer he makes my teeth hurt. every damn facial expression he makes reeks of either, "ain't I great...c'mon i'm great, right?" or he puts on this kinda "about to meet God/having an epiphany" look.
He's also not particularly funny - he comes across as a great guy but he should spare us his humour and ego - He's no Bill Hick's.
Eat 'em and smile

Strat78
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Strat78 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:38 pm

evh100 wrote:i'm new around here and i'll probably get flamed for this but...i can listen to Steve Vai play, i just can't watch him. he's a fantastic player. no doubt about it. i'd kill to play as well as him. but as a performer he makes my teeth hurt. every damn facial expression he makes reeks of either, "ain't I great...c'mon i'm great, right?" or he puts on this kinda "about to meet God/having an epiphany" look.

Steve, it's supposed to be rock and roll. try to look more like your drunk, high or just plain lost. the dichotomy will work much better with your playing.
just my 2.5 cents.
Yeah, his feel is pretty canned along with his whole act: Kenny G on Zima! All due respect, but I though the web was over this guy 6 years ago. It was painful watching that orchestra trying to keep up face whilst Vai "emoted". See, I should have just sat on my hands. :lol:

Temp
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by Temp » Sun Mar 27, 2022 7:24 pm

I believe he also used a sustainer on the end of "Respect The Wind" off of the Twister Film Track