VH 1979 tour & guitars

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

Seabean

Re: VH 1979 tour & guitars

Post by Seabean » Thu May 28, 2009 7:30 pm

Does anyone know from which outdoor concert on the 79 tour this picture was taken?
(there's a few more from this concert - Zloz pics)

Texxas Jam 2?

plexified
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by plexified » Fri May 29, 2009 1:18 am

At the Kramer factory the paint shop was small , consisting of probably twelve employees . All were migrant workers from Mexico and the eldest was bi lingual and a true gentleman and ran the whole shop . We only painted American series guitars built in N.J. The other series were made by ESP and imported and set up at the factory for shipment . The squiggle is simply a straignt tape that is arched . It is then pinched . Depending on how it is shot signifies how it looks . The entire 5150 series was done in house as well as the entire 1984 series Ed recieved . Interesting to note was the clear coat was a polyester resin . It is a very rock hard resonant finish that does not seem to be available much due to perhaps EPA standards and demand . Most paints are geared towards flexing with plastic ABS composite bumpers and such on cars the largest demand on auto finishes . I'm working with Jon Kosmoski from House of Kolor to change this to afford hobbyist like us to be able to have the best possible selection of colors and finishes in a solid , hard format that are resonant and available in quantities that are affordable and enough to spray a body . The whole process has been a struggle until now and I think we are making some ground . But if you have ever liked a super nice paint job on a hot rod , this is the goods . Kosmoski goes to SEMA shows , like NAMM and can spot the people using his paint ( the best in the world ) . So as soon as I know the status , believe me I will drop the link , but House of Kolor is the best artistic pallet on the planet . No matter what the medium . But to be short . It was a pinch . The Poly Resin finish on the Kramers was rock hard and that is the objective with House of Kolor to meet the demands of guitarists . Kolor and resonance . We want to block sand and buff without the burn and gum of sub standard crap ! I've gone to bat for us , hopefully we can get the price down . We need HOT ROD PAINT on GUITARS ! Ed Pink , or the RAT FINK know what I'm talkin bout . Zloz was an ol' school hot rod photographer in the early 70's before shooting VH and THAT is his best work . Unreal shots of hot rods at every track and every meet know to man . I hope it works out . Metal flake for ALL ! later ...

vanhalen5150
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by vanhalen5150 » Fri May 29, 2009 7:16 am

You gotta keep us updated on that Plexified.
12000 Metro Kit

rlconc

Post by rlconc » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:20 pm

jimi22812 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2009 8:54 pm
hiwatt72 wrote:Looked like he had parachute or pilot safety belts (whatever they're called-restraints?) sometimes, too.
Believe it or not, those contraptions are WWII "Gunner's Safety Belts" used by the side machine gun operators in B-17s and B-24s! :shock:
[Imgur](https://i.imgur.com/SjN61AG.jpg)
Sorry for refloating this thread 12 years later, but i'm very interested in getting a guitar strap like the one in the picture. Can anyone help me?

rlconc

Post by rlconc » Sun Nov 14, 2021 12:28 pm

jimi22812 wrote:
Tue May 26, 2009 8:54 pm
hiwatt72 wrote:Looked like he had parachute or pilot safety belts (whatever they're called-restraints?) sometimes, too.
Believe it or not, those contraptions are WWII "Gunner's Safety Belts" used by the side machine gun operators in B-17s and B-24s! :shock:
https://i.imgur.com/SjN61AG.jpg
Sorry for refloating this thread 12 years later, but i'm very interested in getting a guitar strap like the one displayed in the picture above. It doesn't display though so I'm leaving a link to it. Can anyone help me? Thanks