Frankie Front Pickup Color

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

azazael
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: Frankie Front Pickup Color

Post by azazael » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:02 pm

spcv wrote:Well, his Franky body is more accurate than KnE's... and his Franky neck is more accurate than Musikraft's... at least the one I have. But yes, Mitch at Axcessories is probably the best person to deal with, the best I've dealt with so far!!!
More accurate to what? The Fender?
KNE had an actual Azusa to work from for a while and Musikraft bought an Azusa body.

As for necks, I've never tried a divebomb neck but my Musikraft neck is one of the best necks i've ever played. The craftmanship etc is top notch, had I not had experience with EBMM necks I would say its the best neck i've ever played.

spcv

Post by spcv » Wed Apr 13, 2011 2:22 pm

You must keep things in perspective. So, back in the day, every body was done by hand. So, they were different to some degree. The fact that KnE and Musikraft both had Azusas is fine, bute ther is no garantee that they had the exact right shape as the Franky. The KnE neck slot, for instance is wrong. The one I have is too square, hard to explain. Not to mention the fact that I received a body with the Floyd post holes drilled in the wrong position, causing intonation problems - but that is another thing. So, I guess that, presuming each body may have slight differences, the Franky replica may be the most accurate source.

Musikraft necks are great, I love mine, but its headstock was wrong, not to mention the heel - oh and the nut slot was wrong too, they offered an R3 slot with an R3 nut, when it should have been an R5 slot with an R2 nut! I had to shape both heel and headstock by hand. I felt very unhappy that when I mentioned these issues to both manufacturers - KnE and Musikraft - they both disregarded them and none of them ever even suggested correcting the mistake. Divebomb, on the other hand, offered the neck with the correct dimensions and when I mentioned that it was quite large - more than I expected - he offered to re-shape it. I just kept it, since it was accurate to the original.

So, that is to say that some people have bad experiences with even the best manufacturers.

bsnider68
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by bsnider68 » Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:20 am

YMI5150...I have seen your name on several posts around the web. I am looking for the Frankenstrat red single coil for the neck pickup for my Frankie build. Do you still make them and if so how can I get one?
YMI5150? wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:02 am
I've provided him with 15 built pups, and will be providing him 15 sets of components for him to build out so there should be minimal lag due to waiting for parts.

MrBeasty

Post by MrBeasty » Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:51 pm

bsnider68 wrote:
Sun Oct 25, 2020 11:20 am
YMI5150...I have seen your name on several posts around the web. I am looking for the Frankenstrat red single coil for the neck pickup for my Frankie build. Do you still make them and if so how can I get one?
YMI5150? wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:02 am
I've provided him with 15 built pups, and will be providing him 15 sets of components for him to build out so there should be minimal lag due to waiting for parts.
https://reverb.com/item/5315358-jalen-g ... len-franky
https://www.pariahpickups.com/product-page/79-las-lunas