New Van Halen pic

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

Star*Guitar
Just the numbers in order: 7

Re: New Van Halen pic

Post by Star*Guitar » Thu Nov 24, 2011 5:33 pm

T.L. wrote:
Star*Guitar wrote:Where is the moderators when you need them? In every thread he posts lately we are getting political bull from "Sentience". It is a clear violation of house rules and should be. Sentience if you can't keep your comments realated to the topics here than please DO NOT PARTICIPATE!!! I get enough of that crap on MSNBC. :x

Who cares? If you don't like it, don't read it. Ignore it...

I care or I wouldn't have posted a complaint about it. :roll: (This is how arguments get started.I.E. Politics and Religion)

But what miffs me is this is board is suppose to be about amp building and music in general. In his every post on this board "Sentience" pontificates his political position. It murks up this board and it's purpose. He rarely contributes about anything on topic. There are other places on the net for this type of political pollution, but not here, not Metroamp.
Star*Guitar

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:56 pm

A second vote :thumbsup:

And you guys thought i was exteeeeme :palm:

I read some of it and am like..............................WTF?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?

Yeah, I posted about the Gibson /Feds confiscation thing. But damn.......that was industry/market/music related at least.

And the hair thing was about Eds health and ............

Does it take alien abduction????????????

Well??

T.L.

Post by T.L. » Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Star*Guitar wrote:
T.L. wrote:
Star*Guitar wrote:Where is the moderators when you need them? In every thread he posts lately we are getting political bull from "Sentience". It is a clear violation of house rules and should be. Sentience if you can't keep your comments realated to the topics here than please DO NOT PARTICIPATE!!! I get enough of that crap on MSNBC. :x

Who cares? If you don't like it, don't read it. Ignore it...

I care or I wouldn't have posted a complaint about it. :roll: (This is how arguments get started.I.E. Politics and Religion)

But what miffs me is this is board is suppose to be about amp building and music in general. In his every post on this board "Sentience" pontificates his political position. It murks up this board and it's purpose. He rarely contributes about anything on topic. There are other places on the net for this type of political pollution, but not here, not Metroamp.

Like I said, you don't have to read it. The only reason it offends you is because you allow it to, and the only reason you have a problem with it is because you are obviously one of those who want to control what others can say and do. It's your choice whether to ignore it or not, and you choose to focus on it.

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by JimiJames » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:58 am

I'm Right here guys.
Noted what is going on and not limited to here.
BTW.... There is no strike three in Admin

Let's get back to the music and the amp building...
RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

zaphod777

Post by zaphod777 » Fri Nov 25, 2011 1:00 am

JimiJames wrote: Let's get back to the music...
:clap: :thumbsup: :vh:

Star*Guitar

Post by Star*Guitar » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:55 am

Who cares? If you don't like it, don't read it. Ignore it...[/quote]

But what miffs me is this is board is suppose to be about amp building and music in general. In his every post on this board "Sentience" pontificates his political position. It murks up this board and it's purpose. He rarely contributes about anything on topic. There are other places on the net for this type of political pollution, but not here, not Metroamp.[/quote]

Like I said, you don't have to read it. The only reason it offends you is because you allow it to, and the only reason you have a problem with it is because you are obviously one of those who want to control what others can say and do. It's your choice whether to ignore it or not, and you choose to focus on it.[/quote]

T.L. you got me wrong. I am not trying to control anyone. At times what is said may have merit with roots in history etc. Its not the point of view I am at odds with. It is that it is done here. Remember too, this is a place of business for George. Take into account this board is for building amps and music. Now look at this latest post in the link below. Tell me it is not over the top?

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Star*Guitar

T.L.

Post by T.L. » Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:13 pm

Star*Guitar wrote:
T.L. you got me wrong. I am not trying to control anyone. At times what is said may have merit with roots in history etc. Its not the point of view I am at odds with. It is that it is done here. Remember too, this is a place of business for George. Take into account this board is for building amps and music. Now look at this latest post in the link below. Tell me it is not over the top?

http://forum.metroamp.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=37313" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yeah, I don't get that at all. And a little too big to "just ignore"... :scratch:

Good Guest

Post by Good Guest » Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:35 pm

I don't know ..kinda black humor..harmless ..he's not attacking anyone .Sounds like he is on the same quest were all on. He wouldn't last a minute on the gear page forum tho. Anything that just hints of political and yer out of there. Ha ha I used to think DC's posts were long tho :mrgreen: Even plexified wrote chapters.. :shock: Some like to write ..no question about that. Doesn't bother me...write on...if I'm bored I'll stop reading...go to something else.. :whistle:

SteadyEddie

Post by SteadyEddie » Fri Nov 25, 2011 10:51 pm

The problem with the gear page is the moderators kowtow to the gear sellers. Had a bad experience with a seller? For God's sake, don't put it up on TGP because it'll get shut down faster than shit.

T.L.

Post by T.L. » Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:17 pm

SteadyEddie wrote:The problem with the gear page is the moderators kowtow to the gear sellers. Had a bad experience with a seller? For God's sake, don't put it up on TGP because it'll get shut down faster than shit.
Yeah, I lost interest in that place real quick. The only good thing was being able to converse with John Suhr...

SteadyEddie

Post by SteadyEddie » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:24 am

T.L. wrote:
SteadyEddie wrote:The problem with the gear page is the moderators kowtow to the gear sellers. Had a bad experience with a seller? For God's sake, don't put it up on TGP because it'll get shut down faster than shit.
Yeah, I lost interest in that place real quick. The only good thing was being able to converse with John Suhr...
The signal-to-noise ratio over there is painfully low. Ask an opinion on a piece of gear, and you'll have all these useful idiots popping up and saying how their most recent amp is the greatest thing, and of course, it will be perfect for you. They also have LOTS of guys who think that anything over 18 watts with more than one 12-inch speaker is WAY overkill for most venues. Seems to attract the middle-aged lawyerly type who wants a Dumble for the supa-smooth Robben Ford "Politician" tones.

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:16 am

I've probably posted some shit that was well.....

But regulation is needed

And admin very well may do some "regulatin" Lol!

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:15 am

SteadyEddie wrote:
T.L. wrote:
The signal-to-noise ratio over there is painfully low. Ask an opinion on a piece of gear, and you'll have all these useful idiots popping up and saying how their most recent amp is the greatest thing, and of course, it will be perfect for you. They also have LOTS of guys who think that anything over 18 watts with more than one 12-inch speaker is WAY overkill for most venues. Seems to attract the middle-aged lawyerly type who wants a Dumble for the supa-smooth Robben Ford "Politician" tones.
:lol: I have have enough firepower to overkill them exactly 15 times. I posted there twice and got a dozen PM's reminding me that TGP wasn't an amp building forum. That was just the first post! Seems they don't like opinions unless you get in line. Any constructive criticism is not taken well by the manufacturer's. They frequently patrol the threads looking any that stray from the herd.
12000 Metro Kit

vanhalen5150

Post by vanhalen5150 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:17 am

I'm going over there right now and take a big dump somewhere.
12000 Metro Kit

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:11 am

:shrug: :shrug: :stars: :bang: :lol: