Want an frankenstrat clone,dont buy from this guy!!

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

OdgeUK
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by OdgeUK » Thu Dec 29, 2005 5:01 am

Well, if that's true (the last post) then that is an awful experience to have to go through in any deal. I've always admired James' Frankenstrat and Kramer replicas for their impossible attention to detail and James encyclopidiac knowledge of Ed's guitars right down to the variations in the body contours and routing, and the exact placement of the striping from years of photographic research. Certainly, in appearance, James' guitars seem the real deal and his postings on the EVH.com forums demonstrate that he is a genuine, honest and articulate guy. I nearly bought a guitar from James myself and photo's of previous work he sent me were gobsmacking. I only stopped becasue I couldn't get the cash together. As I am in the UK, returning the guitar for any of the problems above would have been extremely difficult, although I'm sure James would have taken ownership of any problems.

I'm sure there are two sides to this story and you might sympathise with either, depending on who was talking to you first. However, the way that James' name is being slandered is absolutley disgusting. To actually flood multiple boards with "Don't buy from this guy" messages is just appalling. Especially as these posts don't provide any detail to the problem other than a suggestion to PM the original complainant. It's a very aggressive tactic and stinks of someone seeking revenge for being unhappy with a service, even though it was resolved in the end.
73 JMP 1987 w/LarMar
78 JMP 1987
79 2104
Peavey JSX 120
Marshall 1936 G12-65
Gibson LP Custom, Squier CV 50's Strat w/SD '59

Post by Guest » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:47 pm

well then buy a guitar from the guy!who cares what your opinion is?

OdgeUK

Post by OdgeUK » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:20 pm

Anonymous wrote:well then buy a guitar from the guy!who cares what your opinion is?
Erm. Riiiight. :? Isn't this a forum? Knob.
73 JMP 1987 w/LarMar
78 JMP 1987
79 2104
Peavey JSX 120
Marshall 1936 G12-65
Gibson LP Custom, Squier CV 50's Strat w/SD '59

Bainzy

Post by Bainzy » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:28 pm

Ever noticed how the most antagonistic, pointless and crappy posts are always from guests who don't specify their name.

George, can't you do something to make people have to sign up to post (remove the guest feature)?
Last edited by Bainzy on Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you"

Shred Guitar
Plexi Mods - now with new forum, please join!

rockstah

Post by rockstah » Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:29 pm

Bainzy wrote:Ever noticed how the most pointless and crappy posts are always from guests who don't specify their name.

George, can't you do something to make people have to sign up to post?
i second that notion

rjgtr

Post by rjgtr » Thu Dec 29, 2005 3:12 pm

The curious thing to me is that if you read the thread on the link, the guy was given a second guitar as compensation and then ordered a third. So even though the 1st guitar had issues, he went back and ordered the third, so he must have liked something.

I just get the feeling we haven't really heard both sides, but the builder seems to have really tried to make it right.
Richard Johnson

Playing an instrument doesn't make you a Musician ... Listening does...

bmf5150

Post by bmf5150 » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:44 pm

no he did not order a third,he gave him a guitar for payment that was a wayne charvel that he told him he could do the vh II graphics on and sell.you guys dont have to believe me,just want to warn others so they dont get screwed.go ahead a buy from the guy,gamble with your money i dont care!

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:46 pm

Well, I've been wating for something positive to come from this thread. But alas, there is not anything. So I'm going to lock it. Please air this laundry elsewhere.

I'll leave the posts here to show that I have no bias either way.

George
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...