Mojave Peacemaker R/T mod

For all things to build the brown sound

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, RACKSYSTEMS

dirtycooter

Mojave Peacemaker R/T mod

Post by dirtycooter » Wed Jun 27, 2018 12:01 pm

[youtube]https://youtu.be/pVBoiZ9FNh0/youtube]

Droid turbo phone mic in the room. Lotta top end detail muffled but.... Its what I got. My PC took a sh@# so no good old sm57

JimiJames
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Re: Mojave Peacemaker R/T mod

Post by JimiJames » Wed Jun 27, 2018 11:05 pm

RIP Mark Abrahamian-rockstah -classmate/roommate
RIP Ben Wise -StuntDouble- comrade-in-arms

RockinRocket

Post by RockinRocket » Thu Jun 28, 2018 10:48 pm

Hope you fellas arnt paying more than a couple $ for no name, basement hacks who are not registered businesses, insured ect to hack on your amps. These are just one wire mods anyways folks,

RT mod = a shared cathode V1 and .68uf on the presence.

Take your amps to reputable business who pay there taxes and pay for liability.
100$ max for "under the table" work. :D

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Fri Jun 29, 2018 1:21 am

The post was to display a simple quick tone sample.
Michaels a nice guy. Doin things people happen to like.
I just am liking it and thought I'd share.
Sorry if you are disgruntled or pay huge business tax/insurance premiums.
You sound angry. You need a hug? Or how bout a beer??
I considered a few different modders. I like how it turned out. I am happy. Wish I could send you some of my happiness. Cheer up!
FYI I asked George if he would be interested in messin with it first since he is close by. He was too busy and declined as he has other obligations to meet. The DuVall sig amp likely one. Along with all the other cool stuff he is doing. I don't blame him for bein on things more beneficial and important to him.
But I guess next time I should confer with you and get permission about who I have perform work for me.
I will put you in my....rollodex ... Since this seems super important to you and you feel it needs regulating :roll:
Maybe we should sit down look at this and lobby for some kinda invasive regulatory law at the legislative level or somethin :lol:
Its just a clip sample of a modded marshall tone. Get over it. We know alot of the info is already on this forum.
Take a pill or sometin. Frick!

RockinRocket

Post by RockinRocket » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:59 am

Sorry!
Just a general observation.
Kind of struck me odd being a long standing member on a amp building forum you have some one OWM your amp :D

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:43 am

Well
I have some basic and specific knowledge learned here yes.
I compiled alot of stuff that was saved or marked. Then the forum crashed out twice. Some pics went MIA.
Then my laptop took a serious tip downward.
Was never quite settled on a specific spec anyway.
I like hearing finished product examples.
I chose what I wanted based on specifics I was lookin for. Plus check this shit out. Its my money right?
I was ready to take a stab at it myself at one point.
But things and life happens. These last 5 years have been extremely busy for me. Retracing and compiling everything again back fresh in my mind was not another task I needed.
And have had other things to focus on more important.
Time, for me, comes at a premium these days.
I wanted it done. Its done. I really don't have time to spend hours on some things at this point. Maybe in another 7 years I can have time to put ships together in a bottle.
This is a hobby for me. Not a living.
And I think many famous or well known builders/modder/techs started out not licensed or insured. Dabbling building a base and stuff.
There was one I almost went with. But was it gonna be 6mo wait? 9mo? Unknown.
Ain't nobody got time fo dat. Or at least me anyway these days.
Anyway. It turned out very vintagey and natural sounding to my ears and not some overblown sizzle box like a metal zone on meth. In my opinion anyway.
I wanted a cleaner brown sound not quite as gainy as some mod 5 style over the top oodles of gain. Some of my favorite tones are VH2 and 1984. Those are very clean to my ear gain wise.
Yeah.. maybe its a OWM. But does every amp with a OWM sound exactly the same? Or did he make any other tweaks. Thats the question as well.
Every part piece and nut and bolt make a recipe.
This amp sounds notabley different than some of his others he has modded. What makes that slight difference between these amps and this one?
So its kinda contributory to that knowledge.
If you know Peacemaker stock spec with its given parts it was built with, and only change this that and the other thing, etc... You might get somethin like this or that or whatever. Then... You got all the variables of tubes and settings and what pickup matches up to it nice and brings out the best. Takes time to fiddle with just that end of it as well.

chrisom
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by chrisom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:34 pm

Right ON, dirtycooter. Reminds me of my trip to the 'Twin Dragon' Chinese restaurant last week.When I opened up my fortune cookie, to my surprise, it read:

"Don't spend your time stringing and tuning your instrument. Start making music now!"

My bass player friend disagreed with me of course. :lol: He told me to do both. :wink:

chrisom

Post by chrisom » Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:37 pm

Wasn't Rikki Rocket a drummer for Poison anyway..? :)

Michael R/T

Post by Michael R/T » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:19 pm

Here's Roger's Mojave I just finished modding for him.
I think he's going to like it as well. :)

dirtycooter

Post by dirtycooter » Sat Jun 30, 2018 2:15 am

Theres just a sweet smoothness inherent in this one and mine, and I am sure in most peacemakers that makes it...
Buttery, old vintage, smokey, or like sepia kinda toned. I find it kinda facsinating really. I go for the rounder less toothy softer gain/overdrive character and this build has that in both these amps.
Sweet top end treble too. Playin high up past the 12th fret don't make you cringe like some amps. It doesn't have that cutting wheel on steel thing happening if you get the analogy

Tazin

Post by Tazin » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:07 pm

It does look like a fun amp to play. I happen to own a Peacemaker and was wondering if the mod is very invasive?

MrBeasty

Post by MrBeasty » Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:10 pm

Very nice!! :clap:

charles anthony

Post by charles anthony » Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:35 am

Wonderful sounds and seems to have some give. My stock peacemaker only hoped to get there. Never really begs to be played. Kinda sad for such a high priced piece of kit.