Studio Projects B1 Condenser Demo

Techniques for getting your tone to tape.

Moderators: VelvetGeorge, BUG

Bainzy
Just the numbers in order: 7

Studio Projects B1 Condenser Demo

Post by Bainzy » Sat Mar 11, 2006 6:14 pm

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInf ... ID=3623503

I bought this mic this week as I'm recording a demo for a local band with my home recording equipment. I found an old acoustic guitar of my uncles, it's only got 5 strings and the wound G is unwinding :lol:

This is the first ever recording I've done with it. The mic sounds really really nice. Much nicer than using an SM58 lol. I know nothing about mic'ing acoustics, but I've found with this mic placement doesn't matter much - it still gets a great sound.

The detail is superb, and it sounds really flattering to vocals. It has plenty of presence and high end, this mic sounds just as good as mics costing a lot more. Acoustic guitars sound very atmospheric and it's easy to get a good sound with it. If you're starting to do home recording on a budget, you've really got to get one of these after you get an SM57.
"I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you"

Shred Guitar
Plexi Mods - now with new forum, please join!

GIBSON Les Paul

Re: Studio Projects B1 Condenser Demo

Post by GIBSON Les Paul » Sun Mar 12, 2006 12:51 pm

Bainzy wrote: The detail is superb, and it sounds really flattering to vocals. It has plenty of presence and high end, this mic sounds just as good as mics costing a lot more.
What mics have you compared it to via experience? I am thinking about getting a pair of condenser mics or something similiar for recording my band at the same time or record the drum kit in stereo.

Bainzy
Just the numbers in order: 7

Post by Bainzy » Sun Mar 12, 2006 7:37 pm

My friend Gurb is training as a sound engineer so uses lots of high end mics, I'm not thinking of any particular models though. It's not a Neumann beater but I'd be happy to use it on an acoustic instead of Gurb's mics.
"I want to know what happened to the plans they sent you"

Shred Guitar
Plexi Mods - now with new forum, please join!