Metroamp going the NY Amp Show this weekend!

Product sales, customer service, and announcements.

Moderator: VelvetGeorge

NitroLiq

Post by NitroLiq » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:52 am

MacGaden wrote:Underwhelming indeed.. :( These guys go to an ampshow without any proper recording equipment that can handle the SPL... :roll:
Still: It ws cool to see VG in action. But the sound.. :?
Finally got to take a peek at it. Not as bad as I thought it would be. It was a weird situation. The PG folks were running around all day getting footage/interviews from each vendor but because there were so many, everything was just sort of slap-dash...handheld mic, overloaded camera preamp, etc. And, for the most part, many of the people playing in the demos were just who was available in the room at the time....could be some guy who could barely play at all to the next room having someone that's more of a pro. This actually happened to me with the Tone Shop guys. I was hanging with Jeremy (who's a shredder in his own right) and I ended up doing the demo for his high-gain stuff which turned out to be kind of a deer in the headlights/brain fart moment for me not knowing what to play. I'll be curious to see it when posted but I'm pretty sure it's going to be far from stellar. :P Glad George got to demo his own amps.

VelvetGeorge
Site Owner
Just the numbers in order: 13492

Post by VelvetGeorge » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:29 pm

Yeah it was pretty commando style. But I think it's cool for what it is. I didn't even realize they were doing this. They just stopped in the room and we went for it.

Thanks PG.

I'm thinking up ways to record video and audio for next year's show.

VG
Check out Plexi Replicas for my personal amp builds...

NY Chief
Wiki Editor

Post by NY Chief » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:50 pm

thousandshirts wrote:Whoa! I saw the mic they used on the cab move! Wait-a-sec! It's a hand-held! Noooo! :roll:

Hmm, yes. The instructions I got for recording optimum guitar sounds were, "put it somewhere near one of the speakers, but be sure to change the angle you hold the mic at and the distance between the mic and the speaker constantly." :lol:
Sounds like something Eddie Kramer and Jimi would try!
NY Chief 5-0, transplanted in SoCal

"Book 'em, Dan-o!"